Forums    General Discussions    Barth Regis...
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Regis...
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I hung out in my Barth today and found the blueprints and most of the manuals for the various items installed. While looking at the blueprints, I expected to find the words Regency printed on them. The words "The Regis" was stenciled in instead.

Here is the only brochure I've been able to find on the Barth Regis. These were sent to me several years ago.

Although the images above look very close to mine, there are a few minor differences. Looks like they made more than one of these things...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
glad to hear that you found those materials, Bill. The REGIS discovery is intriguing. came in any length you wanted, as long as you wanted forty feet
Click

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Lofty goals, but irrelevant at this point.

When I was in Milford, someone had told me that Barth had a lifetime warranty on their body construction build. I'm pretty sure that this warranty extended to every motorhome, not just the Regis, that Barth built. Does anyone remember seeing this quote before?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
The following indicates it was only one year on a 1981 MCC 35'

http://openjurist.org/969/f2d/...v-barth-incorporated

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
That's fascinating! I wonder what exactly was wrong with the motor home? Can't imagine engine,drive train, coach structure etc were the problem. And if the fixes were just over 2 grand, it must have been a lot of little stuff that all of us know come with motor homes. Granted, this was brand new and 'the little things' probably shouldn't have happened, but this sounds more like a person who expected perfection and didn't get it. More fascinating would be to know where it is now.
Hum

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
So Bill, what was different between yours and the photo model? I spotted the parquet flooring, but we know someone redid yours in oak, so that doesn't disqualify it.

I did notice the same "telescopic" steering Big Grin

Lifetime Warranty! Yup, lifetime of the company, not the vehicle! Ski areas up north used to sell lifetime passes, new company would come in and that was the end of the "lifetime" of that pass. I think you can still get a NRA lifetime membership though. Lifetime is certainly a relative term.

Regis - too cool. Did you have a clue when you first started falling in love with the beast?

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
PLEEZE, just don't tell me these were "Regis Philbin" models for "celebrities!" Big Grin

Oh look it's The Regis! (And that's a nice coach, too!)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5151 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
PLEEZE, just don't tell me these were "Regis Philbin" models for "celebrities!" Big Grin

Pretty doubtful since Regis wasn't very well known until the Regis and Cathy show was syndicated in late 88, but I have heard rumor of a Barth OJ model Big Grin ......kidding!

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
This looks like the ULTIMATE BARTH!

Doesn't get much nice or bigger.

I can't think of a better person to have it!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
I did notice the same "telescopic" steering Big Grin
Funny story... I drove 3 hours, in the dark, with the steering wheel telescoping in and out. After getting into Daytona and checking it out further (the next morning) I noticed the center horn ring button could be tightened up. Red Face I was afraid I'd have to drive to NY holding the steering wheel up. Roll Eyes

I'll tell you, my elbows were aching after that 3hr drive. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
Did you have a clue when you first started falling in love with the beast?
On June, 16th 2006 at 8:59 AM

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

It is the same one as the magazine images to the left - look at the grain of the wood.

Even the crease in the seat and the threads hanging out from around the steering knuckle cover appears to be the same.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

posted Hide Post
Looks like you got ripped off of a couple of Cowboy hats, eh? Violence

Note that it never came with day/night shades. Remember I thought they had been replaced, those could be original.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
It just gets better and better! Our fearless leader has a one-of-a-kind Barth. Perhaps the best one ever built. Now you HAVE to bring it to all the GTG's. Cool

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3475 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I'm thinkin now that Bill is a celebrity he can just have his driver bring the coach to each event and then arrive by air in time for the event. (Like a rock star or maybe a union boss?)

With a group the size of bm.com there must be enough slush for some plane tickets and fuel for "the king's" palace, (not to mention his throne!) Smiler

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5151 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
With a group the size of bm.com there must be enough slush for some plane tickets and fuel for "the king's" palace, (not to mention his throne!)

Point of Order: Bill is not a mere "king", he is "The Grand Poo-Bah". Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post