Search
Notify
Tools
FL. 1990 Barth Regency 40' DP
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of M&M
posted
Coach is sold - sold - sold

Beautiful coach!! 325 HP L10 Cummins with Allison MT647 Trans.

Mileage: 161,572

REDUCED Price: $45,000.00 OBO
Contact info.: xxx-xxx-xxxx-Largo, Fl.

CLICK on PHOTO for slide show.

You have been invited to visit a photo album http://s244.photobucket.com/al.../8908-0128-40RDS-C1/

ENGINE
- York freon AC compressor
- 160 amp alternator
- Reyco airride & hydraulic leveling jacks
- Cummins ether starting aid kit
- Spartan independent front suspension
- Gunite automatic slack adjuster
- 150 gal. center mounted fuel tank supplies both the Cummins L10 & the Onan 7.5kw series DKD trace inverter (7500W)
- Onan Diesel Gen. w/865 hrs.
- New flex steel gen. exhust (05)
- Jake brake brand PAC Brake
- HWH leveling systems air & hydraulic
- Air ride suspension
- 269 inch Spartan chassis
- complete cummins L10 & Allison MT647 manuals
- Bendix cruise control
- radiator cooled generator
- New shocks, driveshaft, gale banks turbo diesel, exhaust

EXTERIOR:
- 2 New roof mounted A\C (front unit replaced 11/07, rear unit replaced in 6/06)
- New Bath Vent w/fan 11/07
- New Electric Step 11/07
- Electric hot water heat rod (12/05)
- Par built in water pressure regulator
- Alcoa aluminum wheels
- 6 goodyear RV670 tires (9/05)
- 3 propane heaters
- Kyocera solor system w/8 lg. arrays on roof
- Rayline spot/flood searchlight combo w/joystick
- Aluminum cased awnings
- 24' Zip Dee patio awning in (10/05)
- Peninsula double pane windows
- Custom made snap on fabric privacy window shades- Door, windshield & drivers side (04/06)
- 2 new chassis batteries (05/07)
- 3 new house batteries (05/07)

INTERIOR:
- Security system
- Corian counter w/built in corian sinks
- Corner trim w/IDL lighting behind them
- Flourescent lighting
- solid wood cabinets throughout
- stero system w/CD/MP3 player (05)
- (2) color tv/vcr combo
- glass shower enclosure w/double door glass
- Anderson hardwood floors
- dining table w/leaf

Coach comes with all blueprints, wiring schematics in addition to all manuals and records

102" WIDEBODY

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg28/barth_photos/8908-0128-40RDS-C1/?action=view¤t=c7a8d694.pbw

M&M Largo,FL
90 Regency DP 40'

Posts: 33 | Location: Largo, FL,US | Member Since: 08-22-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
M & M-

Absolutely beautiful coach!

Rick

Posts: 23 | Location: Sunny, Rural Pace, FL across Escambia Bay from Pensacola | Member Since: 12-05-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Mama!

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This beauty looks like Glen's former coach (August '05)
Very nice example!

Posts: 4 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Member Since: 07-17-2005Report This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
This Coach comes as close to anything I have be patiently looking for .
Does anyone on the Barth List know of this Coach? i.e., You've actually seen it up close and personal!
The scary part is the 170k+ miles. No matter what, that's a lot of bouncing down the road.
What would be the potential issues with that kind of mileage? I suppose there's a lot of wearable parts to look for.
I don't have anything to relate to that can of mileage.

Scott Thomas

Posts: 2 | Location: saranac lake , ny 12983 | Member Since: 04-13-2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The mileage on this coach figures out at less than 11,000 a year. Most of those will be highway miles instead of stop and go traffic in the city - in other words, they are probably not hard-driven, wear-out the coach miles.

When buying a used vehicle, it always makes sense to check it out mechanically. Still, this looks like a wonderful coach.

Rick

Posts: 23 | Location: Sunny, Rural Pace, FL across Escambia Bay from Pensacola | Member Since: 12-05-2003Report This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
"The mileage on this coach figures out at less than 11,000 a year."

Actually that's close to 3x's the average mileage for a like year. Highway mileage or not, wear and tear....Hell just friction starts to take a toll. My '99 Corvette has 39k v. my '97 Expedition that has 91k miles..Major difference in their condition, although both have received equal care. Bottom line...Stuff wears out.

Posts: 2 | Location: saranac lake , ny 12983 | Member Since: 04-13-2002Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I've seen 30k miles on a current model year that looks like it's 20 years old and ready for the junk yard! Bottom line is...

Stuff does wear out... It's the operator that matters more then the odometer.

162k on an L10 is only about 1/4 to a 1/5 of it's normal lifespan if properly maintained. Yes, there are other factors to consider, and other items that will wear. But, if properly maintained, will last as long or longer than the motor.

Pay a professional to inspect any coach if you're not qualified.

Drooling over that coach

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Hey William De New York. Is the L10 a wet sleeve engine. Could you do an in-chassis rebuild for under $10K?

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Picture of M&M
posted Hide Post
We purchased the coach in Sept. of last year with 159000 miles on her. At that time we had her thoughly inspected before bringing her home.

She is absolutly a beautiful coach!! Our problem is we're not able to use her as often as we had plan.

We're hoping in get into something a little smaller. One that will fit beside the house easier.

M&M Largo,FL
90 Regency DP 40'

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
Is the L10 a wet sleeve engine. Could you do an in-chassis rebuild for under $10K?
Yes, on both accounts! The Cummins L10 motor has one head. Most of the other motors from that era had 2 or 3 heads.

William De New York'
quote:
Originally posted by M&M:
We're hoping in get into something a little smaller. One that will fit beside the house easier.
Would a 34' former mobile medical lab be "something a little smaller"? It sleeps 7. Big Grin

But seriously, you have such a beautiful coach! This is most assuredly a full timers coach!

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bottom line is...

Stuff does wear out... It's the operator that matters more then the odometer. Bill N.Y.

Absolutely. Stuff wears out in inverse proportion to:

1. Operators' care and handling, and,
2. Preventive and "unscheduled" maintenance.

The running gear on this coach would be expected to have a 500K mile life before major overhaul...age is more likely to cause parts replacement than mileage.

More importantly, where you going to get a 40' anything of that quality for $60K? You can bet it'll need some repair, but it's still a Barth.

Now I've droned on repeatedly on this forum about mileage, but I'd prefer a coach averaging 10K miles a year to one averaging 3K, especially if it's a diesel (that was/is the only concern I have on my '94 Breakaway - only averaged 3.5K a year - I've put that many miles on it in the five months I've owned it, and there's at least 6K more this year scheduled); anyway, two reasons:

1. Machines are better served by running, not sitting, and,
2. An owner running it that much will notice and fix things that go wrong.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of M&M
posted Hide Post
Price has been reduced: $48,000

M&M Largo,FL
90 Regency DP 40'

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
My plane is working. In about 5 years I will be able to afford it Wink

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Report This Post
Picture of M&M
posted Hide Post
Price has been reduced to $45,00 OBO

M&M Largo,FL
90 Regency DP 40'