Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
Raccoon Mountain Campground - Chattanooga, Tenn.

Seeing that this is now a full fledged event, instead of the proposal that Rusty was pondering, it deserves it's own thread.

The pre stage planning/proposal can be read about in the post titled Proposal: East Coast Barth GTG...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Okay, Let's assume a decision has been made. Let's stay at Raccoon Mountain Campground just outside Chattanooga. The dates are September 19-21. The rates are $28.00 a night for a premium pull thru site, with 50A, cable, and wifi. Space is available. Call (800) 823-CAMP or (423) 821-9403 from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM. for reservations and tell them you are with the Barth group. They have a special weekly rate of $149.95 if anyone wants to stay a week. I just made our reservations for arriving Thursday September 18 and leaving Sunday afternoon September 21. We are in space 135. Hope to see as many of you fellow Barthers as possible! Eeker
Nick & Donna

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Thanks for setting this up. If we are in KY that month we will be down. However, there are some plans to go to India that month also. Each has it own attraction.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
However, there are some plans to go to India that month also.

Man, Is it ever going to be hard driving that Barth to India!!!!!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Sorry we won't make this one but it sounds like it's coming together so for all who can make it, DO IT NOW! If you wait around you'll be too late and you'll say " I should have jumped in when the gittin was good". Hope you all have a blast and keep the digicameras clicking.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Good Morning Nick, We will be at Raccoon Mnt in site 134, looking forward to meeting you and all other Barthers. Tom and Nancy

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I will also be there, don't know what site #. I just hope the old girl can make it up the mountains lol Roll Eyes

Which is least mountainous. Memphis to Nashvile to Chattanooga or Memphis to Decatur to Chattanooga. Time is not a factor, I travel about 55 miles per hour and enjoy the scenery, in other words I am the tortois not the hare.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Which is least mountainous. Memphis to Nashvile to Chattanooga or Memphis to Decatur to Chattanooga.

I haven't traveled either route, Mary but I'm betting someone answers you soon. Looking forward to meeting you and Tom and Nancy. We have at least 3 Barths signed up in less than a day and I know Rusty is planning on being there. So come on EVERYBODY lets gather a record number of Barths in one location. We want to meet all of you. If you think you may be able to attend but are not sure, go ahead and make a reservation, you can cancel it later. I was told they would not make any charges to your credit card until you arrive. They have a very reasonable cancellation policy. If you cancel at least 48 hours before your scheduled arrival there is no cancellation penalty.
Nick & Donna

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I have not been in the mountains with the Barth, so I am not sure what to expect. She is going to have a good tune up before the trip to Chattanooga so she hopefully won't have any trouble. Been so long since I went to Chattanooga can't remember how the mountains were. She came from Akron, Indiana through Nashville to Memphis when I bought her and we had no trouble at all.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Mary, if she's running reasonably well you should have no problems with the mountains. The interstates aren't designed too steep, and with a 454 you should be fine in the right lane. When you see a grade coming up get a little head of steam while still going down and carry it as long as possible going up. Chances are there are going to be some big rigs or SOBs that are going to be slower than you. In any case, DON'T WORRY, you're in a fine ol' vintage coach and anyone that matters will respect that. Have a ball at the GTG.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Sounds like an ideal idea.The good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, and 'THE TOY can make it,Betty and I will be there.

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Mary, coming from Memphis, Nashville to Chattanooga, the only bad part of the trip is Mont Eagle Mountain on I 24, it is steep on both sides. As far as I know Anne and I will be there. We always take a trip in September. Last year we went to Myrtle Beach. When the time gets closer, pm us and will give cell number in case you have any problems. I live about 100 miles from Chattanooga. This is a very picturesque town with lots of history. Good luck. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Danny, I'm a right lane driver anyway so I am not worried, learned a long time ago that the roses smell pretty good so I slowed down to enjoy them lol. I thought that the expressway would probably be as level as they could make it therefore making it the best choice. Both of us old girls are of the vintage class. hehe Big Grin

[edit]Bill N.Y.
This thread, with Mary Ray, can be be found here.[/edit]

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Smiler My wife (Athena) and I have signed up, arriving on the 17th and leaving on the 22nd. Great choice for camping area, there seems to be many places to visit in the immediate area. The gem and gold panning is a neat draw for the campground!

I'm sure more plans can be made as the date draws near!

Thanks for setting this up, I look forward to seeing other Barth owners and thier riggs.

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have reservations for 9/18-23 (leaving there for the Peach State Star Gaze beginning 9/27). I don't have a space assignment yet...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post