Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

38ft.1990 barth for sale
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Diane & Wayne
posted
One of a kind! 38 ft. 1990 all aluminum Barth with a tag axle, 460. ford engine in front. Partially restored with the following:
New valve seals, complete tune-up with new belts & hoses, new tires, new power brake booster, new steering & brake pumps, leaf springs & levelers repaired, new heater, new refrigerator, new stove & microwave ,all new oak cabinets,one new AC & one needs repair and all new wiring & fuse box. Brakes are in good shape, very little rust on the undercarriage. Needs cosmetic work, painting or it can be stripped & polish the aluminum . $18500 or B/O For further info please call me at 718-816-9319 or email Elite1da@aol.com.
[EMAIL]aboxa#aol.com[/EMAIL]

Posts: 24 | Location: Staten Island & the Catskills, NY | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Diane and Wayne,

I normally don't give advice on people selling but I think you need it on this sale.

First of all, get some pictures up that show the value and uniqueness of your unit. The more the better. Areas that are not normally seen like electrical compartment, generator, engine, and battery compartment are also important.

Second, list the specific needs of this vehicle. Pictures describing those are equally important so the buyer knows what they are getting into.

Third, list the mileage!

Forth, do some research on your asking price. It seems highly optimistic. For comparison, look in the Barth for Sale section. You may note another 90 gasser for about $4,000. It may not be as nice as yours, but.......... Basically, you will be trying to sell against diesel pushers which won't bode well for you. My 97 Barth DP with 40K miles recently sold for $30K.

Please take this advice in the spirit it is intended. We want to see you make this transition successfully and as painlessly as possible in this odd (hopefully temporary) market.

Good luck!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Oh boy, not to ruffle feathers or anything but... this'll be the first time we've had 2 people selling the same Barth at the same time

And, more images can be found at this link.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So.....let me get this straight. Same vehicle, one ad has it at $4K one at $18.5K?????????????? java

I thought they sounded awfully similar, but they appeared to be different lengths. Can't wait to hear this back-story!

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it possible the Oregon seller sold it to the Staten Is buyer, turned seller?

I believe I read that one of our members tried to contact the Oregon seller and got no response. His conclusion was that it had already sold.

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4Sale-TTR:
we took this vehicle under a lien as former owner left vehicle without paying.
It appears to be a Mechanic's Lien sale for repairs and storage charges. It does have NY Plates in the image.

But, I really have no direct knowledge of that so we'll chalk it up to me talking out loud.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
It appears to be a Mechanic's Lien sale for repairs and storage charges

Looks like owners broke down in Oregon and went back to NY, trouble or disputing repair cost. sign of the times?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Don't think it was a break down. In 2009 I spoke with a Portland Oregon seller about this unit. It was in the middle of and extensive renovation at the time. The listing had two exterior photos and the seller said he had no way of getting me additional pictures so I moved on.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Dianne or Wayne will clear up the mystery for us. Wink

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Wayne today. A really nice guy who did the no-no of buying sight unseen only 5000 miles away from home. He had a mechanic that promised the world, but only delivered grains of sand. He bought the Barth from the Oregon seller (so that can be removed from the For Sale section).

of course, Wayne has put big money into the Barth (I'll leave it up to him to list it all). He was very receptive to my advice that value is not determined by initial cost + repairs. I explained that an RV is a million $ worth of parts all wrapped up in a package worth a fraction of that. He mentioned he may revise the ad to just ask for any reasonable offer. I suggested he list the many things he added, fixed, spent money on to help a prospective buyer make a smart decision.

To complicate things a little, the Barth is still in Oregon, Wayne has not seen it.

Just another sad story in the RV world, but better than thinking Madoff spent it on $100K parties I think hmm

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
He bought the Barth from the Oregon seller (so that can be removed from the For Sale section).
That's not true from what I understand - I believe the Oregon Seller is the one who has a mechanics lien on Wayne Coach. Not that this is my place, but shouldn't we at least hear the other side of the story first?

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I think the seller has the obligation to give us the straight story.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I think I get what must have happened. Wayne bought it in Oregon, then had the mechanic who put the lien on it do the work. Both Wayne and the mechanic have advertised it with a claim to it. Sounds like a mess.

I did ask Wayne if he knew someone else had his Barth advertised and he said, yes, he bought it. I think he may be confused then.

This could be a "ten foot pole" scenario.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:

This could be a "ten foot pole" scenario.

The phrase "clear title" comes to mind.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the seller has the obligation to give us the straight story.

Which one? hmm