Forums    General Discussions    1987 Barth need help..
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1987 Barth need help..
 Login now/Join our community

posted
There is a 1987 Barth listed on this site for $19,500. Can anyone tell if it is constructed in the classic Barth manner with thousands of steel rivets? Or did they stop making them this way before 1987? If it is not the classic construction, what is it? Does anyone have any info or ideas about this coach? Is it a good deal?

Posts: 4 | Location: Pensacola, FL USA | Member Since: 07-31-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Don't hold me to this, however, I have seen a couple coachs (in pictures only) that were made after 1995 and I think there were some corners cut. Primarily on the interior.

Any 1980's Barth is going to have the same basic construction. Some advantages in the later years was the forward hood above the windshield etc. However, my personal thought is that the '80's to maybe 1993 were the years of the greatest attention to detail.

My opinion only, no scientific study here!!!

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
crema...
you mention "steel" rivets...are you sure their not aluminum??

Posts: 23 | Location: millville, n.j. | Member Since: 10-28-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Dave, you say: "Some advantages in the later years was the forward hood above the windshield etc."

Would you expand on that a little?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has a built in sun visor. some i understand were fiber glass too?

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
My description was not good. Thanks Dale, for some reason I couldn't think of the term Sun Visor.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We traded our 1987 Barth in Feb 2008 in AZ. It was re-skinned with white aluminum and alumimum rivets.

Jim

Posts: 41 | Location: Ashby, Massachusetts | Member Since: 06-16-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All, Well it's been a long time since we traded for the Fleetwood Terra LX and I guess the old BARTH is gone. I think it time to leave the list. It was our first coach and we remember it fondly.

Good By,

Jim
quote:
Originally posted by JMF:
We traded our 1987 Barth in Feb 2008 in AZ. It was re-skinned with white aluminum and alumimum rivets.

Jim

Posts: 41 | Location: Ashby, Massachusetts | Member Since: 06-16-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMF:
I think it time to leave the list. It was our first coach and we remember it fondly.

Good By,

Jim
What list?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post