Tools
Reply To This Topic

O.T.P.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
I'm talking to a guy who is selling something through "O.T.P." What in the world is this?
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Lots of meanings, one is Outside The Perimeter, check google for others

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Option To Purchase.

http://www2.nationproperty.com...EF_REF_stp5_OTP.aspx

My Uncle sold property to a land developer. In his case, the way it worked was this developer contacted my Uncle and offered him 5k in an OTP for 6 months with the understanding that the property would be sold for $100,000. If the developer purchased the land within that 6 months he had a commitment in writing from my uncle that the cost was 100k - If he didn't buy it, my Uncle kept the 5k free and clear.

This is usually done when a developer wants to buy adjacent property but needs to secure the rights without buying all the property 1 piece at a time.

Lets say there are 4 different pieces of property... John, Fred, Tony and Ken all agree to the OTP and they each are willing to sell their property for an agreed upon price. Now, the developer can close the deal and isn't landlocked or has a piece of property that doesn't conform to what he wanted to do with it.

He pays everyone and developes the properties like he wants to. Maybe he's making a Strip Mall or wants to put up a Lowes.

Now, same scenario. This time John, Fred and Tony agree, but Ken says no. Maybe Ken is holding out for more money or perhaps he might realize that he owns a lot that doesn't really need to be sold to make the developers plan a reality.

Ken keeps his property, the developer might build on the 3 parcels and Ken now has a lot that is worth more because of the surrounding improvements.

Think about Ken owning the corner lot of a Walmart or Home Depot store. Now, that corner lot might be worth 20x what the developer would have paid Ken in the OTP. Location, location, location.

Usually the holdout throws a wrench into the works and the other 3 sellers gets the OTP hold fee. The holdout gets nothing and without the improvement of the other 3 parcels, Ken's land is worth less now.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The brown Barth listed in the Charleston WV Craig's list prompted this question. At least three members of Barthmobile received the same email from the owner(supposedly) in the last day or two, saying the Barth was still for sale and linking a bunch of pics on Picasso. He said he was out of town to arrange his daughters wedding and would not be back for a while and was selling this O T P. I emailed him back and asked him what he met. His description of the Barth was almost too good. I'm beginning to smell something fishy here. Bill, you might want to move this post to the 'Sightings' for the West Virginia Barth.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm beginning to smell something fishy here.
SCAM ALERT

Never-ever buy anything like this.

What is the link to the picaso account? post it here with the entire text of that email including the return email address.
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
The brown Barth listed in the Charleston WV Craig's list prompted this question.
LINK PLEASE!!! Confused

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
I've received what I believe to be the same e-mail as Jim and Tere. This has to be a scam as the timing and some of the wording of the e-mail scream danger. Copied below is what I received back in e-mail after a casual inquiry on July 11th. I specifically requested a phone number.

"I still have the motorhome for sale. It is in a great condition. The engine starts up perfectly and doesn't smoke or hesitate. Quiet exhaust. The transmission shifts smoothly, oil, exhaust system and brakes recently inspected , they are o.k i took good care of it. It has all service up to date.
The tires and brakes are good and the suspension is in excellent condition and has a very nice ride to it. All turn signal, brake, parking and reverse lights work correctly . The interior is in excellent condition . Carpeting and upholstery are in very good shape. There are no roof leaks of any kind, I reseal the roof every season as a precaution. Seats are the originals. The exterior is in good shape, no accidents or dents to speak of. The body is very solid. No delam. Side walls are strong. The roof is strong as well. All the appliances are in working condition. It has no unpleasant odors of any kind (i.e.; pet, smoke, musty, etc.) . There is no water damage . It has a clear and clean title, free of all liens and encumberances..
Unfortunately I am not home and I can't sell it myself because i left town few days ago to help my daughter organizing her wedding and i may stay here a while. There is no problem for me as far as the transaction is concerned because I was selling this through O.T.P. anyway. I believe you know what O.T.P. is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process. Let me know if you are still interested
See more pictures bellow:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1...v1sRgCL248P354KGKAg#
Hopefully all of them do justice to the condition this motorhome is in."

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Does anyone recognize the coach?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1...v1sRgCL248P354KGKAg#

We saw it listed in ebay awhile back

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...1087061/m/3163957467

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I found it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...930034107+&viewitem=

Looks like it might have been "sold on ebay" back on 6/13/12

edit: capture screenshot of ebay ad.

edit: the original post at craigslist copied for posterity.
quote:
Beautiful 25' Barth motor home is a true classic. Bob Barth started building quality all aluminum travel trailers in 1963. Later quality motor homes were added. Barth motor homes were high quality coaches built for upscale buyers. Many coaches were custom designed by the owner. With only 300 produced a year you know you'll be buying a unique motor home. Plus, with only 40,874 original miles this survivor is a one of a kind find.

Amenities include all standard RV features plus Barth custom extras: new furnace, new Norcold gas/AC refrigerator, new power roof vent, new twin mattress, new carpet, and new southwest theme wall covers. The engine has had a recent tune up with new cap and rotor, coil, fuel filter, fuel lines to generator and engine, air filter, and two new coach batteries. Other features include a 5.0 Genset generator, auto fill water storage tank from feed line. The monitoring panel safeguards all levels and accessories. It has a 4 burner stove, microwave, bathroom with separate roof vent, tub/shower, toilet, sink, and lighted roomy closet. The dining area has a booth style table with elegant lighting. The coach has plenty of storage inside and out with solid oak cabinets, decorative lighting powered by electric And 12 volt with power inverter.

The dashboard has a full array of gauges. The steering wheel is leather wrapped with tilt and cruise. It comes with a 6 speaker Pioneer stereo system, air horns, flood/spot light, defrost fans, and flex steel seats. Dash air is very cold. Dash engine heater and auxiliary rear water heater keeps the whole coach warm when mobile in cooler climates.

Extra features include aisle lights, electric step with light, outside lights and easy to use awning. Our Barth has the original multi tone custom paint job.

We have taken several trouble free 200-300 mile trips and we just returned from a 1300 mile round trip vacation with no problems.

With the good tires and recent routine maintenance you can be assured that your family will have enjoyable and successful vacations as well.

It has a 454 Chevrolet engine with a 3 speed automatic transmission. The gas mileage varies, but averages about 8. Sleeping is as follows: 1 in the twin bed, 2 in the dining table booth, and 1 in the drop down bunk above the driver's cockpit. The drop down bunk needs a mattress.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
**SCAM** just googled the name Grefen Lorents (picture album) and up pops the wanderlodge owners forum where he tried to peddle a 1983 FC35 for $4600 to pay for his daughters wedding in 5-2012 with a funny pay scheme "that he walks you through"

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
"$4600 to pay for daughters wedding..."

Must not have been much of a weddin'....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Good sleuthing Bill. I wonder if we should all flag the original craigslist ad.

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
go to wanderlodgeownersgroup.com, look under craigslist finds for 1983 FC35 $4600 in New Mexico (yeah the guy gets around) and same text, he even seals his roof every year (LOL on a Wanderlodge) and is away to plan his daughters wedding. He tries to use et4u and they have the MH in their possession ready to ship anywhere, already included in price. Man, it is kind of funny and sad at the same time. Please ship to Barrow Alaska Big Grin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/12
posted Hide Post
I recieved the same email and red flags went up all over the place. When something seems too good to be true, it probably is. I checked ebay about OTP and they say not true.

Posts: 15 | Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663 | Member Since: 10-07-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
See more pictures bellow

these have got to be Barth brochuer pix

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Those pictures, in the picasa album, were of the original eBay ad from 08-09-2011.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis