Forums    General Discussions    How Did You Do That???
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

How Did You Do That???
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Current Tutorials
1) Horizontal Rule
2) Reply With Quotes
3) Editing Or Deleting A Post
4) Inserting a Smiley into a Post. Smiler
5) Editing your Signature Profile, Avatar & Coach Info.
6) Inserting a youtube or other related video into a post
Linked Tutorials
A) *Inserting Images Into Your Posts
B) *Linking Pages, Posts & Dressing Up Links.
C) *Keep Your PhotoBucket image account current.
D) *PM or Private Messages: What you need to know.
Proper Barthmobile Netiquette
~CAP LOCKS IS CONSIDERED YELLING~

We have several neat features on our site. Everything from inserting a video or pictures into a post to something as mundane as inserting a horizontal line or a quote into a post.

I'm going to use this thread to create a mini tutorial on any feature you wish to learn more about. I'll take suggestions or I'll just post something off the top of my head.

No one here is an expert on every facet of this site. I just learned something else the other day that I should have know all along.

* Not all of the tutorials are in this one post. Some will be located in other areas of our site. This will also be a central linking place for all of our tutorials and suggestions.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
1st) Tutorial: Horizontal Rules

The "Horizontal Rule" is nothing more than a line that runs from the left to the right side of the page taking up 100% of the available linespace. Below here is 2 "Horizontal Rules"

Here is what the code, for these double lines, would look like.
[hr][hr]

You use a "Horizontal Rule" to make a break in a page or to separate one thought from another. It is a simple code to implement and can be placed anywhere in our forums.

Here is the sample code for inserting a single "Horizontal Rule" on our pages.
[hr]
this will give you the following

Another example shows you how to use 2 "Horizontal Rules" to bracket something.
[hr]We all Love Ice Cream[hr]
will give you this:
We all Love Ice Cream

Notice in all of the examples the "Horizontal Rule" code is inline with the text. or that both "Horizontal Rules" are together. This is because the "Horizontal Rule" will drop down without prompting and it will keep it tight to the text you are bracketing.

You could also, but not recommended, just use the "Shift and Minus mark" (Underscore) between the "zero and ) key" and "Plus and Equal Key" to make a long underscore line by holding that key down... but, this just leaves the page looking weird for people who have a larger or smaller screen resolution than you.

If you wish to try it out, just respond to this post.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Brackets are used for most codes that I'll be teaching here. A bracket is next to the P on the keyboard. You Do Not use "SHIFT" to insert a bracket.

I have made the brackets dark red in the keyboard below and I edited the previous tutorial. A "Horizontal Rule" would look like this. [hr]

[ Left Bracket

] Right Bracket

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

OOOooh! I just noticed brackets

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/10
Picture of roman
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Lets try this again

[I just have one question?]

How do you find time to maintain this site answer all kinds of questions and run a business.

1993, 34', Regency, Widebody
300 HP Cummins
6 spd Allison, Spartan Chassis

Posts: 73 | Location: Alaska | Member Since: 03-08-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Well since you are offering tutorials, I guess one should try.

this may work

or not

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/10
Picture of roman
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

[I just have one question?]

[How do you find time to maintain this site answer all kinds of questions and run a business.]

1993, 34', Regency, Widebody
300 HP Cummins
6 spd Allison, Spartan Chassis

Posts: 73 | Location: Alaska | Member Since: 03-08-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Thank you

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

ok my turn

how am i doing

does that mean hr hr hr is three lines?

An easy job is a hard job you've learned how to do

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by roman:
How do you find time to maintain this site answer all kinds of questions and run a business.
~ Me, myself and I... We each put in an 8hr shift. Big Grin

~ Much like a marriage and family. You make the times for the people and things in life that you love. Smiler

Seeing that your one question was asked twice... I felt that I should give 2 answers. Razzer Big Grin

BTW: Glad to see you figured out how to insert a Horizontal Rule Thumbs Up

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Hey! everybody, look at this

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

can't wait to learn to do "quote"

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

My problem is not so much learning how to do things like quotes and brackets and all the other neat stuff that Bill has available here, it's REMEMBERING how to do it when it's been a while. Sort of like learning how to throw my new cast net,[for the 5th or 6th time over 35 years]. Not sure if it's Alzhiemers or Anheisers desease! Roll Eyes

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
My problem is not so much learning how to do things... it's REMEMBERING how to do it when it's been a while.
I will make this post the central linking mechanism to all tutorials. I'll start adding them in one at a time as I get around to it. I hope this makes it easier on everybody.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
2nd) Tutorial: Quotes
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
can't wait to learn to do "quote"
Can't wait huh?

Ok then, there are 3 ways to do a quote...

1st way) In the lower right hand corner of each post there is an icon that looks like this. if you click on that image in the post that you wish to Quote then the entire post will show up in your reply. At this stage you edit out the words you do not want to show up.

Now, start typing after the last [/quote]. Hit "Post Now" and the quote and your response will show up.

2nd way) You highlight the text that you wish to quote anywhere and then you click the Blue Box at the top or bottom that says "Reply To This Post"

Now, start typing after the last [/quote]. Hit "Post Now" and the quote and your response will show up.

3rd way) You click "Reply To This Post" and then you... open up the quote box circled above and you paste the quote into your reply between the 2 QUOTE brackets.

After you paste the text that you are trying to "Quote" in between the 2 bracketed quote areas, start typing after the last [/quote]. Hit "Post Now" and the quote and your response will show up.

This is not a 3 step process... this is 3 different ways to do the same thing. I have listed them all for your consideration.

For Myself? I like the first way but I do use all of these on a regular basis. Computer

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis