Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1973 22' Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of RickBright
posted
I will try to put up some pictures of my 1973 22' Barth. We bought it last winter and have been lurking around the site for a few months while polishing the aluminum and doing some minor repairs. I am about 40 minutes south of Branson Mo. I found the Barth in the Columbia Mo. area, it came down here from Oregon a couple of years ago.
It has the 454, runs out great down the road and has the rear bedroom. The interior was remodeled by a previous owner. I found the Coach on Craigslist, found this site doing research on it, saw Lee's Blog on his and had to have it.
If these pictures work I will send pictures of the data tag.
Thanks
Rick

Posts: 7 | Location: South Of Branson Mo | Member Since: 01-02-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RickBright
posted Hide Post
Wow! I will study on resizing pictues before I do this again,
Rick

Posts: 7 | Location: South Of Branson Mo | Member Since: 01-02-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RickBright:
Wow! I will study on resizing pictues before I do this again,
Rick
Don't sweat it... I always try to go back and resize extra large photos.

Welcome to the forums Rick! Nice job on the polish!! Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
What a treasure you have there Rick, and with the polish and wheels......looks like she just rolled off the line, probably better than when she came off the line (I don't think Barth polished them, maybe wrong). Great example of a "little elbow grease".

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Great looking coach! Looks like a couple classic tin cans in the background waiting in line for the polish guy! [not the guy from Poland Roll Eyes]

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Wow Rick....Lookin' Goooood!........

FWIW: Branson MO to Cherry Hill Campground in College Park MD is only 1089 miles - ya need to think about the DC-GTG!....and now that you're free of all that friction-producin' paint, you'll get here in no time, with incredible mileage to boot Roll Eyes

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RickBright
posted Hide Post
Lee,
seeing the pictures of your Barth helped me thru the buffing process, I still have a ways to go. The polish you see was done with 3 1/2" thick 8" diameter buffing wheels stacked on a 3450 RPM heavy duty side grinder...I used No. 7 buffing compound which gave me a near mirror finish. I still have to do around the front wheel wheel and plan a second pass with a looser stiched wheel and either a white rouge or I think maybe No. 3 polishing compound made by the same folks who make the No. 7 Compound. I tried several brands of buffing and rubbing compound with several buffers and polishers, nothing worked like the No. 7 Compound with the 8" stiched buffing wheels stacked.. One advantage of this method is no swirl marks and I can cover a lot of aluminum relatively quickly.
Dan, yes you can see several projects in the backgroung... from left to right, a 1947 22' Spartanette, a 1957 13 end panel Airstream Overlander, and a 1947 Westcraft Coronado. The early travel trailers are pretty neat with birch wood panels and cabinets. All are awaiting some attention but have very straight aluminum and worthy of restoration. I just need to decide which one to start on. My wife does private art lessons and we are thinking about making an art studio/classroom in the Airstream.
Rick

Picture of RickBright
posted Hide Post
Data Tag for this Coach is 73051336MC22
Vin # CPZ373V312436
I will get some help sizing pictures from a 8 year old and post a picture of the Data Tag.
Rick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
a 1947 22' Spartanette

Spartans polish-up real nice.....Here's some of their other products....Spartan Executives (& Beech Staggerwings) are arguably the most beautiful examples of GA aircraft ever built!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Great Job Rick!,

She looks great, I can appreciate all the work you have done to her! Your coach looks great

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RickBright:
I will get some help sizing pictures from a 8 year old and post a picture of the Data Tag.
I know that you're trying to be considerate, thank you for that. But, just throw it up there - It doesn't matter that it's oversized.

If you insert an image into a post via the upload link... chances are good that I'll remove it anyway. To save resources, I place it in photobucket and then relink it back here, sized appropriately.

Now, if you insist on having the 8yr old help you out... Ask him to teach you about Photobucket and then I won't have to do anything else. Big Grin

The beauty of photobucket is that...
1) on upload, it adjust the size of the picture to whatever you choose when you do the transfer.
2) all images are stored at another location for image linking back here. By doing it this way, we are not forced into more expensive plans every couple of months.
3) they have a very powerful image manipulator. You can edit your photo is different fashions and even make slideshows.
4) it's free! They do not charge you for having a photobucket account. However, Barthmobile does pay for the convenience and value factor alone and it's cheaper for our site in the long run.

Here is a primer on photobucket. If it's too complicated for the 8yr old, don't worry about it. Just keep doing what you're doing and I'll take care of the rest. java

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Beech Staggerwings are arguably the most beautiful examples of GA aircraft ever built!

Oh, you touched a nerve there! In 1980 I was set to buy a Staggerwing as a toy for myself and a vehicle to get my son started on an airline pilot career. (How's that for justification?) Having learned in a T-6, I have always had a thing about round engines, anyway. Domestic difficulties intervened, and I had to buy another house to live in, instead. The money I was going to buy the Staggerwing went for the down payment instead.

I sold the house during a slump, and would have been better off with the Staggerwing, sleeping in its hangar, like Steve McQueen. Smiler

Life takes some interesting turns. I sold a Luscombe to buy a house, and then had to buy a house instead of the Staggerwing I wanted. So, I could blame my ex for the loss of two nifty airplanes. Frowner

Turns out my son developed his father's eye problems shortly before USNA graduation, so no pilot job, anyway.

The only thing wrong with a Staggerwing is that it can't be polished. Smiler What a beautiful sight that would be! Heck if a Scarecoupe can be metalized, why not a Staggerwing? Maybe I can con Susan into Photoshopping a Lee-polished Staggerwing. When they came out, the higher powered versions were faster than the Army Air Corps fighters.

Hey, how about a Hyperbipe? Round that rudder a little and paint it Beechcraft Red.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RickBright,
I know your listings are old but I was just wondering if you were interested in saleing your Barth. We are in the market for a classic RV and after seeing a barth on craigslist I am sold We live in Kansas City and have not had luck finding one in the area. I saw your picture and thought it was beautiful. Or if you know of any that are for sale that have not been listed online let me know. My husband and I restored a 52 canned ham pull behind but our girls are getting to big for sharing a twin bed so we need something bigger.

Posts: 13 | Location: Ks | Member Since: 10-29-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Brooke, did you try a PM?
The member obviously isn't watching the board... hasn't posted in 4 1/2 years.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post