Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
As a matter-of-fact, I had the desk when he checked in this time. Peter Macumber is now the PSSG Great Kahuna. I've been on the staff since he took over. And also own a lot in the Deer Lick Astronomy Village, adjacent to the observing field.

BTW, the weather has totally sucked the entire week, worse than PSSG '06, when it was at Whitewater in TN.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, the weather has totally sucked the entire week, worse than PSSG '06, when it was at Whitewater in TN.

Rusty,

I imagine that's raising heck with the Scotch supply, eh?

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Lee you are a great host.The wood was all gone by Wednesday when we left.(not by us)
thanks again for a great get together.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
It's time for us to post our message about the Washington DC gathering. This is not going to be short, as we want to leave our view of the GTG.
We weren't the first ones there, and weren't the last ones to leave. In between, we met some great people and got an opportunity to view multiple different styles of Barth Coaches. Oh yeah, and one extremely neat old Barth travel trailer. William & Sherrie Mitchell deserve accolades for pulling an old Barth trailer out of a field, working feverishly on it, and then hauling it to the DC GTG. They kind of remind me a little bit of ourselves in as much as they pulled in very late (early morning) on their arrival day as they were not going to give up the opportunity to come to the GTG. We were in the same situation, as we didn't show up until close to midnight on Thursday. Lee was kind enough to meet us at the gate and guide us back to our site. After getting situated and having conversations with those who were still awake, we finally got to bed around 2:30 in the morning. The rest of the weekend saw other Barth owners come and go as who were hanging around the campground, who were touring DC, who were meeting friends and family, and who were doing repairs.
We woke up Friday morning to a beautiful day, the sun was shining and the temperature was expected to be in the 80's. Forgot to bring the hot weather clothes. Ed (MWrench)and Bill (Bill NY) were quite busy jumping from Barth to Barth, looking them over and giving their expert advise on problems to each of the owners. Hell, Ed had both my front tires off checking a braking problem that I have had. And Bill had his tools spread from one Barth to the next. Seemed like Friday was the day of analyzing and repairs -- including Nick's driveshaft problem. But the one thing that seemed to be a common factor was the gathering of fellow Barth owners in the evening hours. The wine and cheese social was fun, though it didn't go the way it was originally planned. Seems that most of us never left the Cagle's site until we had just a tad bit too much wine. And then from there, we wondered down to Lee's fire pit to take in the evening blazer. Oh, and to touch on that, if you ever need that evening fire built, Lee is your man. I'll say no more about that! Anyway, through the night, everyone enjoyed each other's company and many bottles of wine. I don't know how many people actually saw one another's Barths that night, which was part of the plan. But I do remember counting empty wine bottles before I went to bed, and I know that there were many dozens.
Woke up to cooler weather on Saturday, but still the forcast was for a nice fall day. So far so good, no rain expected. Saturday morning, quite a few people headed in for DC touring, while the rest of us were a little slow getting started from the night before. We used Saturday to do what we were supposed to do Friday night...view some of the other Barths. We especially wanted to view Ed and Jane's (MWrench) and Corey and Cheri's (noble97monarch), as they were scheduled to leave this day. While we were at it, if the owner was around, we tried to poke our head into their coach. By late afternoon the grills were fired-up and everyone started bringing out their pot-luck contributions along with their items to be grilled. It was very interesting watching folks grill their favorites (you should have seen some of the hunks of meat thrown on those grills!) and learning a few tips (Tom & his pork chops, William and his sausage creation, Michelle/Tim's hot sausage appetizer). After dinner it was back to Lee's fire pit! Tim was telling his "stories" once again and everyone was enjoying them, even though there were some who couldn't figure out the punch lines.
Sunday morning saw quite a few folks packing up for their departure. A few folks headed back into D.C. for that last day of sight seeing. We tried to get into the last coaches that we hadn't seen before they left. Then we were off to find a sports bar so we could take in our beloved EAGLES game. Found one and shared some good times with another one of Kathleen's old D.C. area friends. Sunday night found us back at the campground taking in Lee's fire pit. Bruce and Rusty were the last around the fire while Kathleen turned in to catch the first innings of the Phillies playing the Rockies in Colorado - they won that game although it took them until 2:30 in the morning to do so. Another late night, just like the first one there.
Woke up late Monday morning to find the rest of our fellow Barth owners packing up to head out. The only folks staying were the Cagle's and Lenny & Judy. Since we had all day to get home, we were in no rush to pack up and get out. We waved goodbye to those leaving before us as their Barths pulled out, and then it was our turn.
Now that we viewed all (I don't think we missed any) of those that came to this GTG, we can say that Barth's are TRUELY unique to themselves. We do not remember going into a single Barth that looked like another that was present. Didn't matter if it was a Travel Trailer (one present), Regal, Breakaway, Regency or Monarch (one present)...they were all different in their own way. A tribute to building a custom coach to an owner's specifications.
It was great to put faces to the signatures on the postings here, and a pleasure to meet such super people. We hope, and strongly suggest to others, to make as many get togethers in the future as we possibly can! You won't find a better group of owners Thumbs Up.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Looking for some images.

Need pictures of Ed & Jane Raether and Corey & Cheri Noble. Preferably with their coaches if possible. If anyone has these, please send them to me or post them here. Thanks!!! Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post

Cori and Cheri Noble just before they hit the road Saturday morning.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
Cori and Cheri Noble just before they hit the road Saturday morning.
Good deal, nice picture Thumbs Up.

Ed and Jane hit the road Saturday Morning at around 5am, so it might be hard to find them.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Hey all

Been having some SEVERE modem issues, aaaand, this is the first chance I've had to look at the GTG pics. All I can say is WOW Thumbs Up Every one of you did a great job, from the commentary, to the pics, to keeping those fine babies on the road and making them look like they just rolled off the line......

I'm absolutely certain that Barth Blvd. in Cherry Hill will NEVER be the same. Looks like y'all had a blast. Thanks for sharing it all.

Tom & Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Georgene and I both knew we would regret not making it to this GTG. It was the biggest and the best.

There is not much to say except we missed a great time. Lee did a remarkable job of organizing and preparing for this event. I've done this many time for other Barth GTG's and my own RV club. His effort set new standards for me. Good job.

Hopefull this will become an annual event.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill G:
Georgene and I both knew we would regret not making it to this GTG. It was the biggest and the best.

There is not much to say except we missed a great time. Lee did a remarkable job of organizing and preparing for this event. Good job.

Hopefull this will become an annual event.

Bill G

I couldn't agree more. Because of Lee's inputs, we knew exactly what we were going to do when we got there. Unfortunately, due to surgery, we had to cancel. I can't help but feel we might have missed out on a trip that might not come along again. Even though we didn't make it, I know Lee's efforts were greatly appreciated and we hope this GTG will happen again.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post