Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    This is strange.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

This is strange.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
37' interior, 40' 0verall?
Maybe some type of commercial vehicle?
http://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/1319203131.html

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

Barth 40' 454 gas:?
~The largest gasoline Barth we've seen has been 36' for a Ford 460 and 34' for GM 454 Powered.

16 mpg:?
~Really? 16mpg on a 454 Chevy from 1987

Photo of a Regency:?
~Give Me A Break.

Nothing adds up! I am however interested in what the tag# of this coach is.

I contacted Shelley & Bud Hinote, they are now aware.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
I did contact this person via the Craig's list email when it was previously listed. His response was that he was listing it for his daughter and he knew nothing of it, have to contact her by phone. When I went back to the list to get the phone number the listing had been pulled

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
From the ad............."RV is similar but not identical to photo"

I believe that is a first.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
I just checked Craigslist and the ad is back.
Ray

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It's not there now.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
It was there a minute ago.

If it's as long as he says it is, I'd bet a Southwind hubcap that that other vehicle is hiding a second tag axle. With two tag axles, both non-steerable, that has gotta be the most stable P30 on the road. No gust, no rut, no truck is gonna make that sucker deviate from a straight line. You wouldn't have to spend the extra money for steering stabilizers, Tyrons, nothing. Even a front blowout would be a non-event.

All that stability would mean that fear of blowouts is a thing of the past. You could drive your tires forever, replacing them one-by-one, only when they failed.

I'll bet it has a magic electrical system, too, allowing you to run 6-volt bulbs in the 12 volt system. Smiler

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, but with 6 volt bulbs in a 12 volt system would you suck more or less dark? And how would it compare to the amount sucked in a straight 6 volt setup.....or a straight 12 volt setup?

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
6 volt bulbs in a 12 volt system would obviously suck more dark, but they wouldn't be able to do it as long. In my experience, 12v bulbs in a 12v system tend to suck more dark than 6v bulbs is a 6v system, but the problem gets complicated when you add functions to the electrical system other than dark sucking.

For example, I once had a boat that came with 6v & 32v systems. I disconnected the 6v generators, removed the brushes, & added 12v alternators & batteries for the engine electrical system. My 6v starters would barely turn the engines over on 6v, but turned into raging tigers on 12v, & would start my old, tired, low compression engines in a flash. Those 6v starters lasted as long as I had the boat, but the 6v bulbs sucked dark like gangbusters, quickly sucking all the dark they could, & expiring. The 32 v. system just turned its nose up at the whole thing, & continued to run the fridge, the dinghy hoist (a 24v WW II surplus bomb hoist - this boat was older than most of the posters on this blog), the running lights, the horn, & cabin lighting.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
Ah yes, but with 6 volt bulbs in a 12 volt system would you suck more or less dark? And how would it compare to the amount sucked in a straight 6 volt setup.....or a straight 12 volt setup?

No idea. I am deeply afeared of overdriving lamps, not wanting to be sucked into a black hole.

However, if Carl continues to overdrive his handle light without ill consequence, I may consider putting six-volt H1 high beam units in my Barth for those dark desert roads with my lousy eyesight.

Roy's post reminded me that, in my youth, I did overdrive things a little. I had a 52 Olds with a built J2 371 tri power that had a little too much compression and spark advance for easy starting with the original 6 volt 303 starter. There was an 8 volt tractor battery that fit the space, and really spun the starter. Just a minor adjustment to one of the regulator sub-units took care of charging. And, the headlights were brighter, at least for a while. I ended up buying 8 volt sealed beam units. I don't remember much about the tail lights, except they had a switch to turn them (and the brake lights)off while still leaving the headlights on. This allowed me to evade the local gendarmerie on special occasions.

Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
What ever happened to Ron and Dale? Could they not shed some light on the dark sucking process and voltage concerns? (Please note the pun intended!)
I remember that Dale sold his Regency. but can't remember why Ron left us? Did he sell out too?
Really have been enjoying this revival of the dark sucking process. Does it have any relation to the male to male plugs on a 30 amp shore power line?
Have a great day!
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
So if you could really amp your headlights up, ( a pun just for you Don.) Big Grin to where you are really sucking up a lot of dark would your fuel mileage increase? Assuming of course, flat ground, no headwind, etc......Yeah Bill, i am leery of those black holes too. Its one thing to suck the dark in but when you have a place that is so dark that light can't escape......wait a sec, i think they have it wrong! A black hole doesn't suck light in...it must just really be emitting massive amounts of dark!!! So if you could position a big enough dark sucker in the right place it would equalize the black hole! Wow! i feel so much better! I better get off of here and send an email to Stephen Hawking and let him know he got it wrong. ROTFLMAO

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
So if you could really amp your headlights up, to where you are really sucking up a lot of dark would your fuel mileage increase?

Yes. That is why I would do only the headlights. Any overdriving of the taillights would counteract the mileage gained up front. However, owing to the higher amperage draw up front and the optical coefficient of parabolic reflectivity, there would still be a gain.

The gain would be the greatest on dark moonless nights, so I guess I would do all my driving at night to take advantage of the saving.

However, there is a danger involved, as the massive energy being exchanged by a semi-controlled black hole, as it were, that it would attract UFOs. Scientists are not sure if they are just curious or they actually tap into the energy to recharge their own energy systems, but if things get really out of balance, you end up in a movie scored by Philip Glass.

Steven Hawking no longer answers my E mails. Frowner

OK, I'll stop. Gotta help Susan load up the Barth.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I think you guys are over looking the adverse affect of the difference in the heat produced by light and dark. While it is true that the increased suction of the darkness will have an inverse relationship with the consumption of fuel the negative effect on the atmosphere can not be overstated.

We are all aware that light equals heat and darkness equals cold. If we upset the delicate balance between darkness and light we will have a catastrophic effect on the atmosphere of the earth. So please do not use super powered darkness sucking lights or other appliances. All that extra light or absence of darkness will directly effect GLOBAL WARMING.

I have verified this analysis and conclusion with Al Gore.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
OK... Here is the ultimate use of the "Lighted Grab Handle". Since the switch is located on the wall next to Betty's right hand a minor change could be an asset. Think about this. If I installed an amber bulb she could use the handle as an extra turn signal when I'm making a right turn. Just a few flicks of her wrist would do the trick. (This was Betty's idea)..............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post