Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1986 Barth Regal-Tag axle
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
A friend told me about a Barth that he had seen in Augusta, so I checked it out. It is at the corner of Milledgeville Road and Barton Chapel Road. There was no one around so I got just pictures. I could see the data tag on the end of the cabinet but could not read it Mad Anybody know who was Barth Ranger 1954?

Looks like a 33 or 34 footer:

Looks like it was built in Milford, sold in Texas, and currently titled in New York.

If I can get more info I'll give you an update.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
From the inspection and registration you'll see a "NYMA" That means that the register lives in...

New York Metropolitan Area (NYMA) counties of Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester, and the five counties within New York City, are subject to annual emissions inspection. So, they have it registered downstate to us.

According to the DMV records, it has over 150k miles on the odometer. NY allows you to register these every 2 years and it has to be inspected every year, so it has just recently, within the last 2½ months, been in NYS... That's all that I've got looking at this. Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post

If that's not my first Barth it is a twin. Mine was originally bought from Barth of Texas (Waco); the original owner spent 18 months with it while he designed its replacement - a Regency- then Barth of Texas arranged the sale to me when he took delivery of his Regency in '88. I traded my Regal in to the Factory in 1996 when they built my Custom Monarch ($35,000 trade-in allowance). The '86 was 34', with factory tag on air suspension; twin beds; aftermarket second gas tank and extras like a Mountain Master brand exhaust brake (on a 454), Steersafe, etc. It was loaded out and a WONDERFUL COACH!
Possible differences in mine and the unit pictured:
1) "1954" - I couldn't stomach the Rangers, so next owner must have been a member.
2) Alcoa wheels, including the spare. The unit pictured appears to have different wheels.
3) Back-up lights: mine were on the bumper apron, not mounted up high.
4) Mirrors: Mine were black (as these should be).

No, I don't have any VIN numbers. I think the factory had a buyer waiting when I turned it in at Milford in October '96.

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Anybody know who was Barth Ranger 1954?

Nick

I just looked at an old listing, and it skips 1954. Do you suppose the number is retired when the member is deceased? Or maybe just stops paying his dues or sells his Barth?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you suppose the number is retired when the member is deceased? Or maybe just stops paying his dues or sells his Barth?

Either that or they have an awful lot of members....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I finally found a much larger image of Gunner's Former Coach... I knew I had it. Wink

Gunner's 1986 Coach

The NY Registered Coach

Looking at the location of the side access covers, the passengers side lower compartment boxes, and the different spacing above the front grill, it's not the same unit. It sure is close enough to be its twin. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I can't see the hot water heater compartment on the lower one. Perhaps it's just well camouflaged.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
I can't see the hot water heater compartment on the lower one. Perhaps it's just well camouflaged.

There is something a little higher and a little farther back that could be the fridge hatch. Right above it on the roof is something that could be the fridge vent. The water heater could be on the other side.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The stripe up by the clearance lights are different, and the stripe at headlight level is different. Kind of like a Sunday funnies "can you name 8 differences" puzzle.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post