Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1970's Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
An acquaintance of mine's father recently passed away leaving a 1970's era Barth and now the family is seeking a buyer. I am meeting with the family tomorrow to get the Data Tag info and take pictures. The purpose of this post is to alert potential people of the avialability and get any interested members to respond. I know thew coach ahs not moved in many years and is need of full restoration. It is, however complete as the day it was bought, but time, rain and sitting in the Texas sun certainly means a lot of work. This is a tow out to a shop for tear down and at least refreshing all mechincals before even attempting to start it. The owner bought it, took a few trips and then wanted to use it as a vaction cabin, but that never happened so it was parked.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Richard [RP]! If you could get this back to Florida now you could have it done for the December GTG! Big Grin

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
why are they always so far away?

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her are a few photos of the unit. The last registration was 1993 and we are trying to find the keys to get inside for the Data Tag info. IT has not moved in at least five years but is high and dry. The roof has leaked at the junction of the front cap and the roof and probably around the air conditioner and other stacks. The ceiling looks like it has fallen down. All the interior appliances and equipment is intact and as you can see it is a tag axle. They are not expecting any great sum but from my short inspection a person will need a heavy duty wrecker to raise it enough to replace all eight tires and get it to the street (about 300 yards). It is 454, front engine and it has a generator, though I could not get the door open to see what it was. If anyone wants to make an offer send me you contact info and I'll give it to the family and then you are on your own. Depending on my schedule and your interest I would be willing to assist a buyer in coordinating the move.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The full set of pictures is at :http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/hawk-57/?action=tageditmany.

Hopefully it will work for you.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Tom, couldn't get it to come up. Can you make it a link? If you don't know how an easy way is to get the slide show up, right click the address bar, left click on select all, right click the address bar again, then left click copy. Then make a post saying something like here it is, then right click and left on paste. The entire address should be in the post as a different color, and when we click on it it should open for us. If you already know all this, sorry, but maybe somebody else will learn something.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
I could not make it work either.

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Tom, couldn't get it to come up.
quote:
Originally posted by rp's barth:
I could not make it work either.
Here are the images.

Respectfully Tom, I've been asked to move this to the sightings category for further comment and discussions about this coach.

You told me about this coach awhile ago and I appreciate the fact that you took time out to get these pictures for us... Sadly, your best efforts were for naught as the current owners couldn't even find the keys for you to get in... It's not like they didn't know you were coming... Right? Do you know if they can find a current title? What year exactly is a "1970's era Barth"?

Also, there is very little direct information on this coach that you can supply. For all we know the motor/transmission/rear end etc. could be blown. The statement "...make an offer send me you contact info and I'll give it to the family and then you are on your own." is... well... ah... hmmm, you know.

I was reminded that the heading area in the for sale forum is listed as... "Here you will find active listings of Barth Coaches that are for sale by our members."

At the very least, this would be a tow job and a road call for a tire guy just to move it down the street. I'll leave it in the sightings category for now.

I hope I'm wrong and I really truly do appreciate your efforts... But, I expect this to wind up in the swap meet central category later on down the line. I was, as I'm sure you were too, hoping that it would be in better shape or you could have at least gotten into it... Frowner

Please get their permission to list the phone number and or address so a potential person could get in touch with them. Keep in mind, the vast majority of visitors who read our posting can't get in touch with you as they have no way of using the PM feature or getting your email address as these features are private to members only.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
the front looks very much like my '77
but I am curious as to what kind of plants are those with the long pointy leaves in that first picture.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
...I am curious as to what kind of plants are those with the long pointy leaves in that first picture.
dazed confused Hmmm...

Well then... maybe the purchase price can include a provision requiring landscaping of said parcel before removal - you know... purely to make it easier for the tow truck operator to hook up. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe there is enough there to cover the cost of the coach, transport and restoration.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
...I am curious as to what kind of plants are those with the long pointy leaves in that first picture.
dazed confused Hmmm...

Big Grin

From what I am told, it only has value if it has 7 leaves. With five leaves it is just a weed Cool

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
..........How am I to know?

posted Hide Post
Still working on entering the coach. I know the title is clear and complete and they told me he was the original owner. I will look for the books and see if he is the listed customer. I will also check the mileage on the speedo, I expect to find very few miles, but we never know. As soon as I have the data I will get the heirs number and contact and their permission to post it so anyone interested can contact them directly. The vines are just wild blueberries growing up through the bumper. I pulled off some and verified it is not sitting in any wet spots or holes. Looks dry on the outside to me.

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil T.:
From what I am told, it only has value if it has 7 leaves. With five leaves it is just a weed Cool
Learn something new everyday! Click

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis