Forums    Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics    Lube Chart 1996 Spartan Mountain Master
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lube Chart 1996 Spartan Mountain Master
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
Provided by Gunner:

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Larger Version. To make your own copy, right click on the drawing and "save as". That will give you a pretty big bitmap file. Anybody want a 187 kb .jpg that blows up pretty well, just pm me with your E mail addy. If you try to "copy" and paste into Word, it might not produce a complete image.

Provided by Gunner:

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Do we happen to have a listing of part numbers to go with that list? There are several items I can't figure out, and you would think that I should be able. What are some of those items in the 20's? For example, what is 20, 22, 23, 24, etc?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"a listing of part numbers to.."
The legend is around here somewhere; I'll keep looking. This is a Service/maintenance schematic, not just lube.
Correction: For example "24" is the humongous air filter, and I think "13" is the air filter indicator that tells one how clogged it is. "23" is the air dryer. "27" may be coolant container; "7" power steering container; "21" may be the throttle linkage, or it may be the fuel filter (downstream of the separator). G

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My Breakaway came with no lube chart, but this should apply to most. I have an air-operated grease gun, which simplifies the task:

1. Steering column knuckles (universals): Upper and lower. Expect to have to rotate the steering wheel to get at both.

2. Pittman Arm: A Pittman Arm is connected to the steering box. The rod (drag link) coming off it has a grease fitting,

3. Tie rods (the rods from one wheel to the other): There's a fitting where the drag link connects to the tie rods. Each end of the tie rod also has a fitting.

4. King Pins: Solid axles on RVs generally have king pins, which are rods about which the wheels turn for steering. There are usually grease fittings top and bottom. Independent front ends (those with no axle) may have, in addition to king pins, grease fittings at the upper (2) and lower (1 or 2) wishbones, but many have greaseless bushings. Some (rare) don't have king pins but rather upper and lower ball joints. There may be a grease fitting there.

5. Drive shaft: On a diesel pusher, the driveshaft is short, and there are two universals, each with a grease fitting. On front-engine units, there is frequently an intermediate pillow block with a fitting, and frequently a second set of universals.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi...
Don and Susan here...We have no lube diagrams, shop manuals, service books on the '85 MCC chassis. Where can we get such information easily?
Thanks for any help you can give us as we intend to pick up our '85 Regency in the next couple of weeks, and need these manuals with us.

Posts: 16 | Location: Allegan, Michigan | Member Since: 02-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Most Barths come with pretty good documentation, but shop manuals are a rarity; as mentioned in another thread, there's basically one source for parts and info on the MCC chassis. OTOH, most Barthers agree that the MCC is the best riding/handling chassis of them all.

Grease fittings can be discovered by wallowing around under the coach, grease gun in hand, searching for zerk fittings; the only thing that looks anything like them are brake bleeder nipples, but there are no grease fittings on brake parts. A small air compressor and an air-operated grease gun with a flexible tip make the job significantly easier.

Most chasses, regardless of builder, are really pretty much the same, with differences in details the only distinction. They're generally pretty straightforward and even simple compared to autos.

Engine, transmission, differential, and power steering fluid change intervals are pretty much generic. Coolant changes also are, depending on the anti-freeze constituent used (mixed always with only distilled water).

House appliances (stove, reefer, genset, etc.) and accessories are also generic, and are easily repairable or replaceable (some less so than others).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the continuous help. We will print out all of these pages to take with us...the pile of tools, filters, liquids, hoses, distilled water, etc., grows by the minute!
Don and Susan

Posts: 16 | Location: Allegan, Michigan | Member Since: 02-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
Whoo Hoo !!!

Been wising for this for 5 years. Spaertan aid they did nt have such a thing at this time, for my moho, but I think this may e close.

Would really like to get the "legend" for the items.

Thanks for posting this.

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post