Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Chrysler heat & a/c dash control panel
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Chrysler heat & a/c dash control panel
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
1991 Barth Oshkosh Regal 460 Ford gas.

I am trying to replace the dash mounted heater & a/c control panel and found that it was made by Chrysler.

1) The heater cable jacket is melted and the heater cable is rusted up.
2) The plastic ears that mount this into the dash is broken and it flops all over the place.

I took a bunch of numbers off of this unit and called Chrysler. Pt# 3847742 is the push button switch and is still available. I am looking for the entire control or just the main mount. There is no part number on the cable itself.

3847013 is imprinted next to a Chrysler logo in the housing but I was told by Chrysler it is not a good number.

Can anyone help. The guy at the dealership asked me what it was in & when I told him he just laughed. I am sure if I knew what kind of vehicle had this housing I could find it in a junk yard.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill
I also have a 1991 regal/oshkosh 460 ford. When I was having problems finding parts and who supplied them. I called frightliner and with your frame # they can look up your coach and tell you what you need. they had me call oshkosh and they made a copy of a 1991 chassis ( owners manual).
Ken (the main co. in carolina)

Posts: 20 | Location: Goodland, Fl ,USA | Member Since: 03-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I am looking for the inside dash mounted a/c heater control panel. I thought this was installed by Barth. I believe what you are talking about is frame & suspension parts.

If you have a book on your Barth would you check the dash mounted switch panel control. Mine is made by Chrysler corp. I also need the heater control cable.

Thanks.

------------------

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
I found one at RVSURPLUS in Elkhart IN

Posts: 63 | Location: Winona Lake, IN | Member Since: 04-18-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I see that you are from Indiana. Did you stop by and pick it up? Do you have a part number from your bill?

Does anyone know what type of Chrysler cars had that heater a/c dash control?

------------------

posted Hide Post
Bill I would try 1989/1990 vans and trucks at a local junk that lets you look.
KEN

Posts: 20 | Location: Goodland, Fl ,USA | Member Since: 03-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HankWadley
posted Hide Post
I also have a Chrysler A/C Control Head on the 92 Breakaway. The original supplier was ACME in Goshen, IN. They have a fine catalog/manual which saved me several times in the past and probably have the parts you need although the numbers you gave don't match anything in their catalog. You can call them at 219-534-1516. Nice folks!

Posts: 58 | Location: Pell City, Alabama, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thank you Hank Wadley

I just got off the phone with Cindy at
Acme Air inc.
79 North 10th Street
Kansas City, KS 66102
(913) 371-5373

Cindy was very helpful. It seems that these people bought out a company called ARA back in 1990-91.

The control head part# 4100277 cost $166.45

The cable part# 4103879 cost $15.33
(my cable says 0483173 but has been changed to 4103879 and is about 6" longer)

Cindy knew what I was talking about the minute I said Chrysler Air. There web site also has manuals for downloading, troubleshooting tips, vacuum and wiring diagrams.

Bill N.Y.

www.AcmeAir.com

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited September 15, 2003).]

posted Hide Post
Here is the latest information about this HVAC Chrysler control head. Master Tech, 28717 Holiday Place, Elkhart, IN, 46517 (574) 522-6224, Tim is the owner and expert in this part, or www.mastertechrvservices.com can furnish a complete new control head and bezel or rebuild yours. (The control head mounting ears commonly break off) A new unit is $295.00 or they will rebuild yours for $150.00. 1 day turnaround. They also have a bezel that will fit on the outside of the dash panel which helps eleviate breakage of the ears for $19.95. The hole cutout must be 2 inches by 6 3/4 inches and the outside of the bezel is 2 1/2 inches by 7 3/4 inches. The part number is 2103. This is updated information as of 2/23/06 and is from Tim, owner of Master Tech. Dave V.

Posts: 19 | Location: The Villages, Florida USA | Member Since: 02-04-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
anybody have a pix of this unit? that way I can tell if it is the same as the one in my 94 breakaway which is having cable problems...thanks, bob

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bill NY You are the Man, faster than a speeding bullet, color no less. I am inpressed. JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
You're welcome,

I have no life. I went down to the Barth, lifted the cover and snapped this pic just for you. Big Grin

But seriously... That picture was sent to me by "dave and sandi" earlier today and I steered them to that ACME AIR company - "dave and sandi" must have tried ACME and was directed to...

Master Tech
28717 Holiday Place
Elkhart, IN, 46517
(574) 522-6224

I supplied them with the part number via an earlier post. Mine was broken when I got my Coach and had to track it down back in 2003.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

posted Hide Post
The picture looks exactly like the one in my '87 Mallard. Got a replacement from a '86 Dodge van in the junkyard for $5. Pulled a couple out before getting one without a crack in the "ears" that mount it.

Mike

Posts: 142 | Location: Garden Grove, CA | Member Since: 06-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
....There web site also has manuals for downloading, troubleshooting tips, vacuum and wiring diagrams.

Bill N.Y.

www.AcmeAir.com

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited September 15, 2003).]

this site is: Could not locate remote server

You tried to access the address http://www.acmeair.com/, which is currently unavailable

....anyone know about replacements??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post