Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Yes, yes, I thought I saw that post!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Yes, yes, I thought I saw that post!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted
So the post jumped out and dragged itself along four of the baggage doors before jumping out of my way. Dammmmmmm!

I need to get this fixed while I am fulltiming it, anybody have work done on the road?

I am in Washington state headed to Idaho and them Montana south back to Lake Havasau in 7 weeks or so.

I don't know if I can get this done when I store the unit again, or get it done on the drive.

Some state parks are just too small for my driving skills.

Tom

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
Picture of Richard &  Lee
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,

We read your plea for help. We can recommend someone in Peoria, AZ on the west side of Phoenix, since you are traveling to Lake Havasu. His name is David Burch, owner of Universal Lube. He is retired Air Force mechanic and is top notch. He has worked on our Euro and we are well pleased with his work. His address is 8550 N. 91st. Ave. #68, Peoria, AZ 85345 and his telephone No. is 623-877-3631.

Good luck,
Richard & Lee

Posts: 25 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Member Since: 07-12-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Sounds like you may need a bodyman rather than a mechanic, or both. Any pics, how severe?

I hate those desert jumping posts, I'm pretty sure they grew from Mexican jumping beans thrown out the window by kids passing through!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I found these sitting over in the upload site.

Here is the one from the data tag project.

Frowner Sorry for the bad luck Tom. Hopefully someone will have some advice on who to use for the repairs on your route, or after you've parked it for the season.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
That indeed looks like a job for "Bodyman."

That kind of post often resides in service stations, too. I met one in Nevada some years ago that wouldn't even let me past. It stopped me dead & forced me to uncouple the toad, back it out of the way, recouple, & find another way out of the station, all the while the management & prospective customers waited & fumed.

Fortunately, the only damage it did was to wipe off my lower screen door hinge, which gave me an opportunity to learn a little more about my Barth, & exercise my computer skills in googling up a source for a replacement.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom,
The latches you will need are made by Southco.

http://www.southco.com/

Corey

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
Tom,
The latches you will need are made by Southco.
This is one style lock that I do not know the part numbers for. So, if you figure out which ones you need, or if anyone knows, please post the part numbers in this post. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the Southco website, under "compression latch"

C5 - SEALED LEVER LATCHES

* For use in NEMA 4 and IP-66 applications when installed with optional flange gasket
* Provide from 12 mm to 16 mm (.48" to .63") grip-range adjustment across a wide variety of door thicknesses
* Low-profile mounting uses push-button release to pop handle up for use
* Corrosion-resistant mounting hardware available
* Provide key- or tool-restricted access

C5 - Sealed Lever Latches C5 - Sealed Lever Latches C5 - Sealed Lever Latches

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
C5 - SEALED LEVER LATCHES

Is it the middle one Corey?

Which one, out of all of these, are in your coach Corey?

15 Pages of the C-5 Style Locks

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

posted Hide Post
Yes, the middle one has a lock. The first one could be used if you didn't care about the lock.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
was in falls creek falls state park ..tree moved over and ate my rear awning!! hate arriving somewhere after dark! was lucky pop riveted back in no problem..

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I can get the latch from All West Components Seattle not far from where I am now. I need the C5-24-45 unit. The list on a web site for $58 each.

Now: do the baggage doors just lift off it raised to vertical position (taking the struts off) which would make the repair a lot easier.

Second unrelated question:

The auto fill valve on the water supply seems not to close all the way causing the water pump to run every few min when not hooked up to water and causes the water tank to overfill when hooked to a water supply. The other possibility is that the water pump has lost its backflow capabilities but I replaced the pump last year and sort of still had this same problem.

WHERE is the darn thing anyway. I have a white panel on the water supply that would be a major job in getting it out to get to the top of the water tanks.

Tom

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. If it changes, or you get the wrong item, or you have more info on this, let us know so I can update the lock info page.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
I went to All West in Seattle, a Southco dist on 4th ave. They had the part and it was $20 less than on the Southco website.

My first unoffical quote to fix the damage was $6,000. Gee.....

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

posted Hide Post
Tom,

Unobtainium Electronics is having a sale on their GPS with Jumping Post avoidance built in. I suggest you pick one up for the next trip cheers