Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    steering parts? 1987 P32
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

steering parts? 1987 P32
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted
I am having trouble finding Part# 15588778 relay arm drivers side connects to bell crank.
I'm told it's discontinued. There must be a replacement out there. Any suggestions?
Thanks Lloyd

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I would try to check with member "jakeofmi" as is he is plugged into GM and was on the original design/engineering group that made this chassis.

It is now owned and being produced by a company called "Workhorse Chassis"

On a side note: it appears the answer to UFO's have been found. It seems that "Workhorse Chassis" has been responsible for many of the crop circle we see today

And their corporate logo

This beauty was photographed by farmer Ned Simkins as he dusted the crops of his farm in Collingwood, New Zealand. "I’d never seen a formation like this one," Ned told UFOsROCK.com. We agreed that Ned had a unique formation on his property. Unlike recent circular patterns, this imprint uses sharp sweeps and a spinning design, further raising suspicion that our alien visitors have introduced new starcraft to their fleet.

So, it seems that Workhorse (FKA: GM P-Series division) has been using Earth as a big testing ground since the late 60's. One can come to the conclusion that our very own jakeofmi is an alien or his body has been taken over. Very telling if you ask me. I know I haven't been compromised because I'm posting this. If I don't post anymore please tell the authorities about my findings.

Anyway, there Earth based website is here: workhorse

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I already tried the Workhorse site. The only parts available there are accessories. Seems the drivers side is the only one discontinued. The mirrored part on the passenger side which is the idler arm is still available. Still looking!!

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have checked around and got this reply...

I hope this helps you out shtym, please post back here with a status. He is suppose to be an expert on the P-32 chassis. I'd like to know how he treated you, good luck.

Bill,

It's commonly reffered to as a bellcrank arm, the part number we used is a 14013037 & the right side is 14013036. Call a GM parts dealer & have them do a dealer parts search as it may be discontinued, but someone may have one on the shelf. If that doesnt work give me a call at 877-786-1576 & I will find you one.

Mike Bronzini
Brazel's Rv Performance

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
I'm outta my element here, but here goes......

If it's in fact a "bellcrank arm", Henderson's claims to have it for P-30/32 (whatever the difference is - I still don't know.)

Anyway, try:

http://www.hendersonslineup.com/np1-bellcrank.htm

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lloyd:
Try calling the Service Manager at McCormick
Motors in Nappanee,Ind. at 877/773-3134 or
574/773-3134. He should be able to find the
part or direct to someone that has it. They
were the servicing dealer for Barth Motorhomes
in the old days.

Jake Jacobson

Posts: 69 | Location: Harper Woods, MI, USA | Member Since: 05-06-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Henderson's "Super Steer" bellcrank is a pricey, but worthwhile addition to any P-30/32 chassis. The photo in Lee's post is the bellcrank arm, probably also pricey, and perhaps available because the factory part is discontinued. The arms seldom fail, but the OEM bellcrank bearing wears, & creates sloppy steering.

If 'twere me, and it's the bellcrank arm that's bad., I'd try the junkyard route before I bought new from GM or Henderson, but in any case I'd add "Super Steer" bellcranks. $279.00 ea. @ Camping World, possibly less elsewhere. They make a world of difference in steering and handling.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
If it's in fact a "bellcrank arm", Henderson's claims to have it for P-30/32

http://www.hendersonslineup.com/np1-bellcrank.htm

posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone you guys are great. The part # I was given is an old part# the new part# (which was the one you provided) is available and I have the part. $206. Now I can get back to getting my hands dirty. Lloyd

Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Kinda of a sidebar question that pertains to this thread.......

I still have the OEM Pitman and idler arm supports on my unit. (commonly but erroneously referred to as bellcranks - they're actually bellcrank supports)....

Billh gave a detailed procedure on how to adjust them for wear on another forum, so I thought I'd check into it......

On examining the pax-side support, I noticed that it was mounted to the frame with only three bolts - the top front bolt hole in the support was empty. More puzzeling was the fact that the frame had not even been drilled for this hole, so obviously nothing fell out....Driver side had all 4 bolts installed.

So next time someone is crawling under their
P-30/32 (STILL don't know what it really is), I'd be curious to know if this was by design or if my chassis might have been assembled at 4:30pm on some Friday afternoon.

It's been that way 2-1/2 decades, so I guess I shouldn't lose sleep over the safety factor.....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My passenger side also has only three bolts. I thought it was interesting also and no hole in chassis.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
If you are trying to replace the "bellcrank" be careful as there are two part #. The wide track has larger and greasable ball joints, will not fit the narrow track chassis (ask me how I know!:+)) I replaced these on both sides of my SOB about a year ago and did not have trouble finding them at the local Chev dealer (he had to order them) once I had the correct number. I also replaced the supports with Henderson units on both sides and it made a wonderful difference in handling! Be sure to get a professional alignment after all is replaced, that also will make a big difference for the better.

I did order new OEM supports first but when I received then they had just about as much side play as the ones I was trying to replace, I tryed to adjust that out but made no difference, that is why I bit the bullet and got Henderson support units. I did not get Henderson bellcranks

HTH

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post