Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    COVER
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

COVER
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
Iam going to cover the Barth with anything that keeps the rain off of it,the sun off, tree things that come down in the fall winter summer spring they don't rot.they come from a live oak which is green all of the time and also brown.Is their one that lite and does all of that?
I want to use two poles (no jokes pleas)one on each side.And walk from back too front I have a 32 footer check out top in the picture.
thanks lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest thinking this through and get some input from folks with experience with these things before investing a large chunk of money. If I recall, you have a sizable piece of land. Have you considered a "Garage" type roof where you would just drive the coach in and be done? The only downside of that down here is the possibility of hurricanes, but I've seen some that will hold up to all but a direct hit.
The advantages include;
Not having to cover and uncover every time you decide to turn the wheels.
Not having fabric in direct contact with the roof, which would always trap moisture for a significant time after every rain or dew, creating a good environment for mildew.
Allow complete access to doors, windows and storage compartments.
Keep all the tree-yuckies off the roof.
Will outlast fabric covers [depending on the garage roof material]. The sun down here is brutal to fabric that is out in it all the time. My boat covers never lasted more than 3-4 years.
Anyway, here's a link to the CW page that shows both options. I wouldn't necessarily go with CW for the "garage", a local company could probably get you a better deal and erect it to code and warrenty specs, but this will give you an idea what I'm talking about and some prices to compare.
http://www.campingworld.com/ca.../rv-covers-garages/8

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
I live in naples first have to permit $350 type would not have sides pore footers just not pole barn they don't like that have a boat two work trailers. a container 40ft NEED PLACE FOR EXTRA TOYS WOOD SHOP O ALSO HOUSE.PRICE FOR GARAGE $18,000 THEN ADD TAXES.
If I can cover $200.00
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Have you considered a "Garage" type roof where you would just drive the coach in and be done?
I received this photo today from member Artclymer.
quote:
Bill, heres my new cover for my bus an one picture of the inside. Haven,t done anything on the step yet. The way it sounds its not supposed to close up flush. Art

Nice job Art

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Karen>
posted
Best solution to protect your ride from weather effects is to use a cover.
I designed mine, with furs inside and plastic cover outside. Hard stitch and now it saves my car from Rain, snow etc.
Go for a custom cover.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Karen>
posted
if you need some good reference for Rv cover then visit here here, or want one like me a custom cover then PM I will get in touch with you.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Snow??? in Indore India???
Enjoy your 70s

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post