Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Getting my Coach from Yuma all the way home!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Getting my Coach from Yuma all the way home!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I think that CoachNet goes into effect 24 hrs after you sign up, check with them to be sure. If you get them, make sure that you get the phone # for service. They will send it to you in the mail but if you don't get it before you start your trip and break down it won't do you any good. Guy on one of the bus boards just bought a bus and broke down and did not have the number so just called a wrecker on his own and thought that he could submit the bill to them later. It doesn't work that way. Luckily he also had another tow service thru his car insurance that will pay for some or all of it. His bill was $975. CoachNet is worth having even if you do have towing thru other insurance as they will have you towed to a "qualifed" repair center no matter how far it is. Other outfits will have limits on how far you can be towed,....it could be just to the nearest gas station instead of an rv repair shop.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
And Coachnet will also send a mobile tech to your location. So you may not even need to be towed.
Don
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
I think that CoachNet goes into effect 24 hrs after you sign up, check with them to be sure. If you get them, make sure that you get the phone # for service. They will send it to you in the mail but if you don't get it before you start your trip and break down it won't do you any good. Guy on one of the bus boards just bought a bus and broke down and did not have the number so just called a wrecker on his own and thought that he could submit the bill to them later. It doesn't work that way. Luckily he also had another tow service thru his car insurance that will pay for some or all of it. His bill was $975. CoachNet is worth having even if you do have towing thru other insurance as they will have you towed to a "qualifed" repair center no matter how far it is. Other outfits will have limits on how far you can be towed,....it could be just to the nearest gas station instead of an rv repair shop.

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
You can also sign up to be a member of Good Sam's and get their Emergency Road Service package. Just another avenue you can check, but make sure you have towing service for a MOTORHOME before you leave. Just another insurance policy along with your "repair care package" you send ahead.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Good Sams also arranges a tow to the nearest RV-capable repair shop.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Our company does roadservice for Coachnet. They are paying their vendors for the roadservice only - the customer is taking care of the repairs.

Coachnet Responsible: 1hr Labor for Road Service - Mileage - Bridge Toll.

Customer: Repair cost time & parts and any additional mileage charges.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Dana.. been meanin' to ask, is that a Musky or a Northern Pike you're holding. Get it in one of those 10,000 lakes in Minnesota? Looks like a nice one!!

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Musky are my passion. The problem is 10,000 lakes and no where near enough time to fish all the ones with musky and get them latch on. But have I got the rig to do it now. Pull my boat to the lake and find a shady spot to park the Barth!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1386 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Life just doesn't get much better than that!! Big Grin

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Well a cold frosty and nice campfire.... cheers

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1386 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone everything for tools stays with the coach and he lived and fixed out of it for all its years. I am sending him back the books and a few other things. He is sending me more papers. He is running down some prices for tires for me so we can get them changed there in Yuma before I leave. He was on 8 years on them. Cheapest insurance for the road was to replace them. Now insurance; you know the talk has made Gerald reevaluate what he has. Good lesson there especially with all these modern conveniences like computers and cell phones so we do things without looking someone in the eye. I like doing business with someone I know. That being said the owner has been with the same company for 50 years. We are checking on having the coverage transferred and what that would cost. Got to work all the angles to save for FUEL. I was told I need to bring a blanket for the bed and everything else should be there. Folks I am getting pumped to get my coach on the road to home. Thanks for everyone's help.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
looking for the insurance discussion?

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...183985957#6183985957

moved per request.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill for moving the insurance discussion. I will have more questions when I take possession. Picture to come soon after. I will have my laptop along and plan on hitting you folks with questions if the owner can't answer. I will be spending 2 days going over anything and everything. Tires in process, belts last year, hoses should be good. Anything else I should be thinking about? What am I missing?

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Good luck and have a safe trip home. It should be nice and toasty in Yuma by the time you get here to pick up your Breakaway. It is supposed to be about 90 here in Phoenix today and we are getting ready for the 2500 mile trek back home to the cold country. It'll take us 5 or 6 days, and I'd advise not pushing it too hard 'til you're used to driving the coach.
Enjoy and good luck.
We love our Barth!
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Diesel Fuel? Anything I have to look out for or LOOK for?

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yep. The injector pumps on older diesels weren't designed to run on ULSD. Buy a gallon of 2-cycle oil and add 16 oz./60 gals fuel. An injector cleaner supplement is also worthwhile to add at each fillup on the first trip.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post