Reply To This Topic

Short Barth needs new floor plan
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dustyjeeper:

I didn't make it. It is a used manchester tank.
http://www.mantank.com/
Check motor/fuel\products
They make dual and triple manifold tanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
Those Siamese LP tanks kinda scare me. Seems like the integrity of the vessels are weakened and there could easily be stress cracks developing in the connector.

This might be overkill, but.........

There appears to be a single mounting bolt on each tank. I would run a strong bar with precision fit holes from one to the other, to take some stress off the connecting tube. The shear forces on each bolt would be direct and linear, rather than highly leveraged and rotational up on the bar to frame attach point.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:

LP is not something you want to take chances with, it can be a bomb even in small amounts!

Propane is at its most dangerous in a confined space or is in an aerosol state in free air. We were worried about Saddam using aerosol bombs in DS I.

A leak from these tanks would not be in that league, but still a serious concern.

At work, I was around a number of propane leaks, and the only ones that worried anyone were inside. Our small equipment was slowly converted to propane, and none were allowed to sit unattended inside. And, they all got the sniff test often. None of us had ever seen a propane explosion, but they were in our safety class films.

The Columbine bombers attempted a propane bomb in the basement that would have left only a crater, if they were not klutzes. Then, we would all need clearance from Homeland Security to buy propane.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
I'll add a couple more bolts when I do the remote fill.

I'm on rain delay but the fridge vent is cut out.
The furnace and water heater are in.

Water heater and furnace are under bed frame.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Did you use a stud finder or did you just go in between the rivets?

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Kris, There are more studs than you see. Many have the skin glued to the stud with no rivets. You will be cutting studs to add anything. I've been putting the cut out studs back in the cut out opening. I am surprised the skin is so thick. These are very sturdy machines.

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
DJ, that is some really nice quality work and planning your doing. I can see a final product that you will really be proud of.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nick. I'm enjoying this new project.

The studs on this Barth are roughly every 1foot on center. There will be some cutting involved.

I added aluminum around new vent opening to seal wall from the draft of the vent.

Lower fridge vent is finished. I still have to do the top vent.

Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Top fridge vent is finished.

Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Added propane access door today.

Through aluminum.

Through the Styrofoam.

Through another layer of aluminum an steel.

Access door mounted.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dustyjeeper:
Added propane access door today....

Access door mounted.
Nice job!!! Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Today the remote fill is finished.
This tank has a float that will shut off at 80%.
The hoses are 350 lb rated. The quick fill and vent are the yellow handles. The hose hanging from the regulator will be hooked up after my air test is over.(I've had had 30 lb on pipe work for nearly 24 hours).

Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post

This is the completed refrigerator cabinet. All the seams were caulked then the interior painted. The 12 volt wiring, 110 volt wiring, and gas line is finished.

Here is the new Dometic 3962 fridge and the amana stove. They are both up and running. I finally got my 1st bash of cookies.

I added a shelf for the dvd player.

We took off the air conditioner covers and painted them white.

Sometimes you just need a break.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
That's cool to have a back door. You could have your own back porch. Smiler

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Richie
Funny you bring up the back porch. We have talked about using a toy hauler ramp, awning, and screen room on the back. So far I haven't checked into it too much. Still a possibility...

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
I know you have awning rail on the back and both sides so this is always a possibility for ya. Lookin good! Thumbs Up

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post