Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1995 35' Davidson, NC
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have looked at the Monarch photos in the "for Sale" forum and it appears that the last vehicle is this one that is for sale in NC. So it's a Monarch -- I think. We'll see, I am going to look at it on Saturday.

Posts: 3 | Location: Davidson, NC | Member Since: 06-23-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Always worth a look, and labels are just labels. Starting with the '95 year, it seems like Barth made some coaches that defied classification. No matter. A Barth is a Barth, and many have no identifying labels from Barth itself.

The only "proof" I have that my Breakaway is a Breakaway is the erection diagrams, with handwritten notes stating it's the "prototype" for the '94 28's...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Barth is a Barth, and many have no identifying labels from Barth itself.

Once upon a time, when I was in the pleasure boat industry, I got a good education in how unconventional large ticket consumer goods can be. It was not at all uncommon for there to be mid year changes in colors, interiors, engines, etc. Essentially these industries are the opposite of, say, the auto industry. Instead of relying on mass buying of material, they relied instead on small lot negotiations. If you were a dealer, you could let it be known that you would take "orphans" and the boat company would make a run that might use up old inventory of tops, gel-coat, power-plants, radios, etc.

With Barth, I think this was pushed to an extreme as they were struggling to make a profit and you can imagine "inventory" represents pure static profit!!! Towards the end, their competition was killing them with "volume" discount buying and it must have been a difficult environment to be in. I admire that they were able to keep the quality high despite the desperate times.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
So it's a Monarch -- I think.

Interesting....a Monarch paint job for sure, but with these major variations...
a) Aluminum nose rather than fiberglass
b) It doesn't appear to be a wide-body (as seen by the windshield not having the extension)
c) It appears to have a lower roof than most Monarchs (likely due to central air)
d) Dash is different - - than my Monarch anyway
e) Never saw a Monarch without a front door entry

I think this one is a Break-a-reg-arch! cheers

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post