Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Adventures...Begins and Ends
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted
I never really shared the story of how I came about getting my Barth. I'll try not to ramble on too much but you might want to grab a cup of coffee.

Back in January I went to Lake Havasu City to see my parents. The plan was to find an RV in the SW for my wife and I. I have been looking at motorhomes ever since we got rid of our GMC bus. My Rheumatoid Arthritis made it too difficult to work on that beast so a downsize was in order.

I set off looking at Revcons. I love to look and how unique they are. Problem was everything I looked at were total restoration projects or out of my price range. After 2 months of searching I called my wife and told her we would wait until November and save more money for an RV. Right after hanging up the phone, my nephew stopped by and said he found an RV I might be interested in. He had set up a few viewings in the past that were a bust but I figured I'd go anyway.

He put me in touch with this fella, Llyod. He told me an old friend was selling his Barth if I was interested. I knew about Barth's quality so we set up a meeting.

Llyod and his wife were friends with the sellers for 20 plus years. As a matter of fact these 2 couples met at the Barth factory and were friends ever since. Lloyd and Marylou had a Breakaway. They kept in touch over the years and both ended up retiring in Lake Havasu City.

Anyway, Llyod drives me over to see Paul and June's Barth. It was parked in a carport next to their mobile home. All I could see was the rear of the motorhome but it looked beautiful. Doing a quick walk around I had to ask the asking price again. $5000 June said. I didn't even see the inside yet and I said if it runs and the brakes work, you got a deal! June says, but you didn't even see the inside yet. It didn't matter. After all the junk I looked at over the previous 2 months, I knew this was the RV for me. There wasn't a spot anywhere on the concrete underneath. After a few pumps of the gas pedal she fired up and ran smooth. I told them I'd give them a deposit to hold it. June said all they needed was a handshake, DONE! A few days later we went to the DMV and took care of all the legal stuff.

A few days later I showed up with my tools and checked out everything for the short 10 mile trip back to my parents house. Once I was done we shook hands and I back out, the Barth was rolling once again after 2 years sitting idle. Paul and June waved as I pulled away. I saw Paul put his face into his hands, June put her arm around him. Talk about a bittersweet moment. Now I am picking up the jouney where they left off.

Here are 2 letters I found in all the paperwork I have. These folks loved their Barth. I do as well.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post