Forums    General Discussions    Coming up For Sale, SOON... BARTH.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Coming up For Sale, SOON... BARTH.
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Trust all is well with you fellow Barth owners, and from what I have read it is. All is well here in the Smith's house. Been very busy doing ARTSY things to our home, and enjoying every minute of such. Did install tumbled marble in the Barth bath area just as I had done last year on the Steps. I have pictures for any that wishes to see.

Going up "For Sale" soon is our 1991 38' Wide Body Regency pusher, 300 HP. Cat with Diesel water cooled gen. We are the second owner. It has been in heated storage for the winter, and time to drive out and see if someone else wants to enjoy. I will be listing on this site, and on Ebay. Too I am going to park in front of our office which is the busiest street in Indiana. 82nd.St. Indy

Thanks for hearing me out.

Dale L. Smith

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Just for those who are not aware, we are not talking about just any coach here.
Hello,

You have been invited to visit a photo album http://photobucket.com/albums/v70/davebowers/dales/

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited April 13, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Ditto - WOW-WOW-WOW!!!!
What a great looking coach! Any more pics for us wishers??

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
So what will you be asking for this beautiful coach?

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Dale told me and I don't know if he wants me to say yet, but it will surfice to say..."very reasonable" Dale got a great deal on it when he bought it and then he put a monster amount of quality work into it. He is still selling it very reasonable.. If this was 3 years from now I would do it in a second.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dale:
Are you going the way of our other Smith Bro.? (SoB Ron, ya gotta love him).

Just wondering if you were getting too old to cut the mustard or what?

What kind of trade-in allowance could I get on Ron's old buggy now that diesel is once more cheaper than gasoline?

don

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My bride of 45 years and I have a full plate so to speak, and because of such we don't have time to travel, plain and simple. We are blessed in that we enjoy good health, but it makes no sense to let the Barth sit. We are in the early stages of doing a lot of artsy things to our home, and to be truthful such is our real love.

I am one that hates to haggle, or bargin over price, and I guess that developed over the years of owning a hardware store. Seems as though to many wanted to beat me up on price, so with such in mind Sharon and I have considered many things in setting our FIRM price. We bought the unit right and put top of the line materials in the Barth, but since we did the labor ourselves we are not UPSIDE DOWN in what we have in it. Our price with a tow dolly is $50,000.00. This price is fair to the buyer and to us, and that is all we could ask for. It is a WIN WIN deal.

Right now it is in heated storage and I plan on bringing it home early this next week.

I have lots of pictures of the process of installing the new interior, and would be most happy to send to any interested party.

I will be listing the coach on this site in the next day or so, and will DETAIL all info on the unit at that time.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Dale & Sharon Smith
Indianapolis, IN.
317 849-4284

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, OK, OK, I am tired of haggling and being outside the fold. I'll give you $27,500, a good treeing coon dog, a banty chicken an settin of eggs, a full color map of Texas and a rusty Remington Sportsman 48 in 20ga. The coon dog alone is a sure income producer. Your weekly take will depend on the price of coons in your specific area and how late your SO will let you roam the woods at night. :-)

OTOH, this is a great coach. Dale has done some outstanding carpet and tile work in it.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bid $100 on the remington and $10 on the banty hen. Coon dogs is too noisy and will eat yur chickens if ya dont keep'em tired, but heared dey was good alarm dogs on ATF agents trying bust up yur methanol fuel farm. If they lett'n Wille make BioWille Diesel after all his tax problems, its only fair to let us bumkins make a little corn squeezings for our gasers. The banty hen is the best boot you got. That big bumper shelf on the stern is a good place to carry yur Barth Fresh Egg Unit.

That is a fine looking unit but with my grand chillens and dat white carpet, I'd have to install defibulators.

[This message has been edited by dogill (edited April 17, 2005).]

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, the carpet is textured and should be quite adequate for spills and stuff. Knowing Ole Snuffy, he used some of the expensive stuff too.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful coach! My Sweetie and I are about to close the deal on a 1994 38' Sovreign with 300 Cummins. I have been the service ech for this coach since new and my customer is making it easy to purchase. But I don't know anything about Barth Models(wide body, etc) Any help you guys can give would be great!

Billy T

------------------
Billy Thibodeaux
4713 Hwy 90
New Iberia, LA 70560
337-365-0729

Posts: 375 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fire away any questions you have. I don't know it all, and I won't fib to you either.

Dale

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Dale,
How do we know what kind of coach this is? I mean the paperwork says Sovriegn but NADA shows Regency? What is the difference? It is on a Spartan Chassis with 300 Cummins and Kohler Diewsel Genset.

------------------
Billy Thibodeaux
4713 Hwy 90
New Iberia, LA 70560
337-365-0729

Posts: 375 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
billyt53, I am headed out the door for the rest of the day, but will try to give you a shout early this evening.

Dale