Reply To This Topic

please help with numbers
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Please figue this one out...

chassis 10T9N9A4DJ1035272

COACH 8810 3569 34RGOB2

Thanks, Al

Posts: 6 | Location: colorado | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Al, see my post under 'Barth Sightings/ reguarding this coach.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feet4fins:
Please figue this one out...

COACH 8810 3569 34RGOB2

Thanks, Al

8810- BUILT OCTOBER, 1988
3569- SEQUENTIAL BARTH UNIT OF PRODUCTION
34- 34 FOOT COACH
Now we have a problem Confused The next two letters, RG, usually indicate a Regency on a Gillig chassis. BUT we have never had a Regency with a sequential number in that range. I have a Regency built in 87 that is number 0088 and one built in 89 that is number 0120.

What can you tell me about the coach.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can one of you guys that know VIN numbers tell me what the decoding of this VIN is. I don't think it is Gillig because my Gillig chassis is 46GED0419N1042448.

I just realized this is the 460 ford Pusher.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack:
Al, see my post under 'Barth Sightings/ reguarding this coach.

Here's the link.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking at buying this Barth and that is actually the only information I have at this time The seller indicates that it is a 460 pusher with an Allison trans.

Sorry, no more information available at this time.The young man that I am attempting to communicate with is not responding to my requests. I am not sure if he knows much.

Thanks again, Al

Posts: 6 | Location: colorado | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I am still trying to decode the VIN and found the following web page and put in this VIN 10T9N9A40J1035272. It looks like the check digit should be 0 (zero) not D. The chassis was built by Foretravel if I'm correct. Foretravel should be able to decode the rest of the VIN for you.

Considering the chassis, gas power, and the sequence number I think the coach would be classified as a Regal pusher.

Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, no more information available at this time.The young man that I am attempting to communicate with is not responding to my requests. I am not sure if he knows much.

Thanks again, Al

I think the kid is basically clueless (and/or lazy); one query asked him several rational questions (about things that worked, and on the interior layout), and he answered only a couple.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Found a better web site with better information. the new info is here . You still have to put in the VIN 10T9N9A40J1035272. They show the chassis built by Oshkosh with the correct 460 Ford engine. Built in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Hydraulic brakes, GVWR 33,001+, Gasoline, model year 1988.

Nick

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the help. I think I will give up on this coach for now. I can not get straight answers out of this kid and now, not even a return phone call...makes me wonder... I am in Colorado and he is out in PA. I found a really nice 86 HMC that is a one owner with 86,000 and well kept with all records and upgrades. I would rather have a Barth but they are difficult to locate at an affordable price. I am getting frustrated and perhaps I should buy a pick up and a camper...just joking
Thanks again for all of the help,
Al

posted Hide Post
feet4fins,
You had better steer clear of this RV. I had the same problem with the seller, not wanting to give his address, and sort of beating around the bushI showed this one to my wife and she said no way. After the fire on Friday, I think she is right. Would rather get it from a Barthmobiler that has taken good care of it, even if the price is higher. It will be lower in the long run.

Posts: 24 | Location: Summersville, WV 26651 | Member Since: 02-11-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
So now can I sell this? Smiler. (Like the TV commercial where the guy buys something and then asks the auctioneer to put it back up for auction immediately). I now have two Barths. Like I need two, at least it may be a better investment for joy and happiness than my retirement investments. I also have no SO to give me a rough time about my new toy. Now to make it into a Bio-Barth.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Jack, what did you buy? I must have missed it.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
feet4fins, Dick has given you good advice. I drove this Barth 3 years ago and walked away from it. There is a lot of info in the archives about gas pushers. Theoretically, they should be OK, but if I'm getting a pusher, it's going to be a diesel. Just like I don't like any gas front engine motor homes over 30',(sorry if I've offended anybody). But please, don't give up on Barths. Look in RV Trader, Ebay, this website(Barthmobile). Heck, just do a post in the General Comments and tell us what you want and I'll bet we can find it for you in a very short period of time.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
I don't like any gas front engine motor homes over 30'.

Jim

Is that because of power, handling, or what?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post