Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida Barth Get Together
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
As I posted on the N.E. gettogether thread, I'm starting one with regards to Florida this winter.This is purely exploritory at this point,based on the success Bill and Georgene have had in putting together the Northeast party. My park of choice is Hillsborough River State Park near Tampa, only about 9 miles off 75. They have a huge pool, canoe rentals, miles of hiking-biking trails with cross-over bridges to get to both sides of the river, and even an old fort that you take a tram to. Last time we were there they had a lot of the campground tore up for new water and electric service, so by this winter it should be in good shape.
Please understand, this is just to get the ball rolling and I'll do whatever I can, but I'm wide open to suggestions and offers to run this thing if it takes off. If Hillsborough sounds like a winner, our success would depend on nailing down a date and getting reservations in early. A Safari campground wouldn't work here, but the regular sites are close enough to provide comeraderie. Personally, I would consider 6 Barths a turnout worth investing my time and effort.
This subject may, and probably should be, moved to the "Get Together" forum, but is being posted here due to the success of Bill's N.E. posting.
Good luck to all those attending Bill's party, and perhaps we'll see you down here this winter.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Dan, An illness in the family (sis-in-law is terminal) has us on the sidelines at this time. "IF" we get to come to Florida we may not bring the Barth but "IF" we are there we will try and make an apperance at least. Best i can give ya at this time. Sure would like to meet all you natives though. Wink

Mike

mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Count me in! I'm usually gone to here ("here" being where I am now at my sister's in NW MO) over the holidays (12/17/07-01/04/08). Only other commitment is the Jacksonville Star Party, put on by my club. I expect it to be in January '08.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Rusty, did I ever tell you we have 2 not spoiled cats named Cassie Mae and Meggie Sue? Hope we never have to do formal introductions Big Grin.
BTW, did a check at Hillsborough and the weekend of Dec7 is wide open. I like the North rivers edge camping area in the site # 30's. Here's a link to thier site.
http://www.floridastateparks.org/hillsboroughriver/

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I haven't been to Hillsborough State Park for years (last time in the mid '70s - I used to live in Tampa).

Maggie likes cats; Casey LOVES cats...he spoils my three, so neither needs formal intros.

Week of 12/7 is certainly doable for me...I can do some visiting of my old friends from Tampa (fellow "Tampons" as we were called...)

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post