Forums    General Discussions    Here we go again!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Here we go again!
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Hope our Texas friends are battened down or better yet GONE. Looks like 4 of you are near the coast and Gunner isn't that far inland, and Billy should get a pretty good whallop from the north end of Ike. Let us know how you fare.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
We are on Clear Lake awaiting sunrise to move out. Our area is a mandatory evacuation zip code expecting 17 to 24 foot storm surge - we are at elevation 12. Spent the day fitting out the coach and moving furniture etc to our warehouse. So far only light winds and starry skies, but we won't be here when the storm arrives. Plan to weather it at our factory warehouse and run generator and blender and watch football.
Thanks for the interest,
Houston out!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Best wishes, still waiting for a return call from the kids, Tomball and Waller. I think they are torn between evolving gills or anchoring a vehicle with spare gas cans.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
As conditions continue to deteriorate, and knowing it could just as easily been us, our thoughts and prayers are with our Texas friends. As for Galveston, it looks like "Isaac's Storm" a hundred and eight years later. Thankfully, technology will save 8000 lives this time, but Galveston looks to be pretty much destroyed. Hope I'm wrong! As always, if there's anything we can do, don't hesitate to ask. Previous Batten the Hatches posts provide the very generous facilitations offered by Rusty and others, should you need a place to go. Stay safe, and keep us in touch.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys,
We fared well & because we put rods accross the shop doors friday, they did not blow in again. There were tornado warnings about every hour last night and strong squalls but we only lost power for a couple of hours.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.