Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1989 Regency 38 foot
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
The recent newsletter that I received from the Barth Rangers included the following ad for this coach.

1989 38' Regency. 78,868 miles, Grey & Burgundy, Gillig, 3208 CAT, Allison 647, 500W Inverter, 2 Roof Airs, Microwave, Queen Bed. Real Clean. Price negotiable. Coach in Roscoe, TX. Earnest Schattel-2161 (325) 766-3650.

I called and talked to Mr. Schattel for a long time about the coach and he gave me the following information. He is the second owner of the coach and has owned it since 1991. The coach has always been kept indoors when not in use. The last time the coach was used was in 2002. He put 6 new tires on it and he and his wife took it round trip to Dallas and back home. Mr. Schattel is 86 years old and just wants to get rid of the coach.

Remember, this has been in a barn for the last seven years and will need tires, batteries, hoses, filters, etc before I would even attempt to drive it any distance.

After a long discussion Mr. Schattel told me he would like to get about $25,000 for the coach.

If I could quickly sell my 32 foot I would buy this coach but I don't see that happening so I'm telling the rest of you about it.

The Data Tag is 8812-0112-38RDG-B.

I hope someone can take advantage of this opportunity to buy a nice large Regency.

Good luck,
Nick

P.S. The number 2161 would be Mr. Schattel's Barth Rangers membership number.
P.S.S. This is not a widebody coach.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
The VIN for this coach is 15GED0411J1041643. Mr. Schattel was not sure of the engine horsepower for the 3208, so I called Gillig and gave them the VIN. The engine is a 300HP 3208.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thing appears to have a raised roof. Would anyone have any idea what the interior height dimensions would be?

Posts: 31 | Location: Americus, Georgia | Member Since: 05-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Stick, you might be looking at Jeff & Joy's coach in their avatar that has a raised roof. The Regency has a normal roof height. I'm 6'2" and have a few inches clearance in our Regency.

Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
We had a chance to tour Corey and Cheri's beautful 97 Monarch at the New England GTG. It is a much taller coach and had a much higher interior ceiling height than our Regency.
Maybe because of the Mountain Master chassis?

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nick - I think you might be right about the avatar. I'm just naturally drawn to the raised roof coaches because I'm 6'5". No matter what anyone says about spending time outside of the coach, I live in a house with 14 foot ceilings and I'm not going to leave that to "duck".

Posts: 31 | Location: Americus, Georgia | Member Since: 05-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
Picture of Lorelei
posted Hide Post
I guess we liked the trip, because we're DOING IT AGAIN! Tim and I bought this coach and are leaving to pick it up. I know. I know. I can't believe it either.

Didn't want to say anything until it was a done deal.

Posts: 38 | Location: Point Arena, CA | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Lorelei, here's wishing you a whole lot better luck this time around. Hope it runs like a champ all the way back to California.

Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Lorelei: I too, wish you the best of luck with this Barth. I believe you looked at the the 36ft Breakaway in Phoenix that we bought and are very pleased with, although we haven't gone too far yet.
Hope this one turns out to be "the one" you wanted!
Best of Luck.

Regards Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post