Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    KIB Control Panel
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

KIB Control Panel
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We have a 93 Barth Breakaway with a KIB Control panel over the door. While troubleshooting a problem with the Automatic Fill, we seemed to have fried one of the circuit boards in the panel. Now we have no way to turn on the water heater. Does anyone know where we can get either a new circuit board or new panel? Also, does anyone know of an alternate way to start the water heater?

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

Posts: 35 | Location: Livingston, TX, USA | Member Since: 02-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
What brand of water heater is it?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The water heater is an Atwood GH67E.

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

Posts: 35 | Location: Livingston, TX, USA | Member Since: 02-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
http://www.kibenterprises.com/

I don't know if they can help or not

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's worth a try. Thanks,

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Many Atwood heaters use a little panel with a switch and a light on it. You should be able to get one for your model. Do have the literature for yours? It should include a wiring diagram, which will allow you to even use standard parts if you wish.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill H,

The panel for the water heater is on its way to KIB Enterprises to be repaired. It will be about 10 days before we get it back. We were trying to find a way get hot water in the meantime.

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
I recently wired up an Atwood heater for some folks, and I believe there were only two wires for start and one for the light.

Call Atwood at 815-877-5700 and see if they can tell you what color wires to connect. It should be as simple as connecting two wires with a switch. If nothing else, they should be able to fax you installation instructions which should include a wiring diagram. If you then fax it to me, we can work together. My fax is 586 279 4152.

posted Hide Post
Go to website (www.atwoodmobile.com/) then click on SERVICE then click on INFORMATION NOTICES then click on WATER HEATERS then click on WIRING SCHEMATIC.

PS: Will someone tell me how to make website addresses active in my postings?

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

[This message has been edited by Grizzlygiant (edited February 13, 2004).]

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a possibility that KIB will not be able to repair the panel. Does anyone know where we can get one to replace the old one?

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
"PS: Will someone tell me how to make website addresses active in my postings?"

---------------------------------------------

Gary, just type it in with no parentheses or anything else next to it. Like this:

www.barthmobile.com