Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    New Steps
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Steps
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Finished installing the new steps today. The old cheapies were so worn out they slanted down and were downright dangerous. Suzy really wanted a double so I went with the Hickory Springs unit. If Dave gets my pix up you'll see that this may not have been a wise decision. The two steps make entering a breeze, but they hang a bit closer to the ground than I feel comfortable with. I'm gonna leave them on since I had to do some drilling and altering so I can't take them back, and if I tear them off I'll just replace them with a single step unit. It's a manual and very easy to operate, not like the old yank & cuss that was on it. I have about 6 inches of clearance so if I'm careful about the gas stations I pull into I think I'll get some use out of it before I destroy it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
What is the height from the ground to the bottom of the door?
Would be rather a hassle on a country road??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
It's about 16 inches to the bottom of the coach, about 19 to the first indoor step. I'm more concerned with gas station driveways with a sidewalk hump than country roads. I have a good 6 inches of clearance so roads houldn't hit, but if I straddle a hump wrong I'm afeared she'll be a goner.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
...any updated info on this??

...new photos??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post