Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Screen Room Up!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Screen Room Up!
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Just finished the installation on my new screen room. It's the AE Patty O'Room, since I have the AE awning. It comes with a starter kit and you buy the needed panels for the length you want. It took a while to install, mainly because I double check everything when it comes to drilling holes. Actually about 8 1/8" holes for the twist locks. I used a local anesthetic and barely heard a wimper. The 3/8 inch holes in the awning tube will be covered with Barth tape when not in use, and the 8th " holes can always be filled with pop rivets if one chose to do away with the room. I listened to the guy at CW and ended up being able to put another 2 feet on after getting it put together so I'm waiting on the last panel to have it done for a picture or two. Also, I'm adding a few snaps here and there to tighten things up a bit, especially on the skirt between the bottom of the coach and the ground. The finished product will be 2 inches short of 17 feet, and cost was right at 4 notes. I think I can have it up in under 15 minutes and down in 5 if I have to. You Florida folks know what I mean! Oh yeah, it has canvas panels that can cover all the screens making it an enclosed room. They roll up and use straps to hold them up, and velcro to hold them in place when down. I give this product a 4 1/2 out of five stars!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Bill, and all, Dave posted a pic of it under my Talladega thread in Journeys.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Just finished the installation on my new screen room.

Do you have any photos of how it attaches to your Barth? We use 95% shade cloth for sun, bug, and wind protection, but don't have a skirt. I would be interested in how your sides and skirt attach to the coach.

Thanks,

Bill

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Hey Dan,..Do you think it is imparative to have an AE Awning In order to fit this Patty-o-room? I am going to hire out the Awning install (since I know I will take a week in order to do it without incident) and the guy I talked to at the r.v. store said he has never ordered a screen room and had a happy customer. As a result, he will not order another one. (Every r.v supply place I go to has a disgruntled owner it appears). Violence

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post