Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Headlight switch
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Headlight switch
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Anyone know where I can pick up a head light switch for my 1988 Regal ? I'll probably try a Ford parts dealer first.
jack !!!

------------------
Jack and Daiva
1988 Barth Regal

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
When I replaced the headlight switch in my 1991 Barth I had to use the switch part number for a 1986 Ford F-350 truck. The part for the 87 to 93 F-350 would not fit.
Part number for the...
1986 switch DS219 (HD Version is Napa ECH HL6639)
1987 to 1993 switch DS268

"Standard" is the brand name for these switch part numbers.

When you take out the switch you will first need to turn on your headlights. There is a little metal button in the middle of the switch. Push this button and then pull the knob off. This will allow access to the nut so you can remove the switch.

edit: added switch image on 6/19/2010 - You will also want to read this thread too

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, I'll give this a try.
jack !!!

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did get the switch and as with yours Bill it is the switch from 1986 Ford F-350 truck.
I'm a little at a loss thus far as to how to remove the metal shaft that goes into the old switch. Pressing the little metal botton does not seem to want to release it. Still working on that one.

jack !!!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I just repaired my headlight switch, tightened up the contacts and adjusted the dash light resistor contact, which had moved away from the resistance coil.
The previous owner left the part number for the headlight switch he installed.

Motorcraft SW-1663
E1TZ-116541-A
SWITCH ASSY

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post