Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Dash heat
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dash heat
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
When in need of a hard-to-find heater control cable, I recommend Ray's....he made up an exact duplicate of what I needed & shipped fast for less than $20.00....

http://www.rayeveritt.com/HeaterCables/HeaterCables.html

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Frank Strong
posted Hide Post
I have also experianced the same exact problems with dash heat and distribution of the central heat.
Looks like I will have to break into the dash to fix that problem.
On my unit, I have the basement central A/
C which was replaced with an upgrade unit somewhere down the line. When the A/C is running there is very ample air flow thru all vents in the floor (indicating no baffle problems). But when the central heat is on, it performs just as described by Don in Niagara --- just limited flow in the bath and back bedroom --- very little up front, and it uses the same vents as the A/C. I couldn't find any access panels under the coach.
Since I rarely use the coach in really cold weather, I have not persued the problem. But it is strange that my unit seems to have the exact same heating problems as yours.

Frank Strong
1994 Regency 34ft
300 HP Cummins, 6 spd Allison
Spartan MM Chassis

Posts: 125 | Location: Walthall, MS/Ocoee, FL (Orlando area) | Member Since: 03-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm in the midst of repairing this issue; after getting the roof A/C fixed. on my way home, I noticed hot air out of the dash A/C vents, even though the heat control lever was at minimum.

I found the outer casing had pulled out of its terminal at the dash. J-B Weld cured that, but I still get hot air.

Reflecting back on the operation, the heat control had been stiff, and a couple of times I had to fight it. I suspect the valve bound up, and I broke the butterfly free from the shaft. I'll investigate when I get home (I'm currently in an RV park in Gulfport, MS, awaiting the passage of nasty weather tomorrow).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
kevin, make sure the valve is turned on. Mine is next to the pump. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Kevin: Has the new booster pump improved your heating system? My schematics show a Red wire with the number 45 as providing power but no mention of a switch. I wonder if it is controlled by the Aux Heat dash switch? My switch for that only has two wires and it seems you would want it on to heat the hot water while in motion.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post