Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Wipers on 93 Regency
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Wipers on 93 Regency
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
When the coach is first started after sitting overnight the drivers side wiper (air driven) will come on and slowly operate until the air pressure reaches the operating range of about 110 PSI. The passenger side remains off. I realize I have a slow leak somewhere because the air suspension will leak down. My question is do I just have a leak in the system or is there also a problem in the wiper controls?
Thanks

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting here looking through old posts for any info of use to me; man what an awesome site! I just came across this post and I'm wondering if you ever found the problem? I have the same problem except knowing where the leak is. My right windshield wiper has a leak at the air hose fitting on the motor. If I play with the knob while the coach is warming up, the leak goes away. If I don't do this, the coach will never reach acceptable air pressure. You can read about my troubles in the "Low Air Pressure - Again" post. As soon as The Stagecoach comes out of service tomorrow or Tuesday, I will temporarily repair the leak until I can have the wipers upgraded to electric if possible.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
The wipers were made by Sprague Devices Inc., in Indiana and they have a web site that will lead you to their tech support number. The leaks have to be repaired first of all. Many times the compression fitting has loosened and all that is needed is to tighten. If the nylon line itself is leaking you need only cut off some length (they are always more than long enough), get a 3/8" brass collar from a local auto parts store and reinstall. If the wiper switch is worn Sprague has repair kits and I think they even said a repair service. The older generation has been replaced and they told me the replacement system can be retrofitted, though it costs several hundred. On mine I let the pressure build up and made sure the switch was off and the delay intermittant switch was also off. You might also try opening up the back of the switch and adding some instrument lubricant - this is used on medical equipment because it does not attack seals or rubber. Warning- when you detach the air lines from the switches you are opening up the accessory air system and you must first dump your air suspension to bleed off the pressure or you will either get a face full of high pressure air or you won't be able to detach the fittings. Sprague also recommended regular exercise of the wipers even if it is not raining, let them run while you wash the coach and that will help keep the seals soft and pliable. Good luck.
Tom

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Folks, I have a 1990 Regency and the previous owner had rebuild repair parts shipped for the wipers. If any body needs to order, the parts came from: Rome Truck Parts and Repair, Inc,; Rome, Ga. 30161. Telephone 1 800 284 4345.
Part # GS-2656 outer mtg hdw w/panto @ $26.56
Part # Rep Kit @45-4 @ $53.64
Kit,APII w/s wiper

The repair kit consisted of;

2 '0' ring (piston rings)
4 '0' ring (body seals)
1 air push grease
1 vlave body assembly

Thes preices were on the invoice dated11/20/01

Sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post