Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Brake Fluid Reservore
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Brake Fluid Reservore
 Login now/Join our community

posted
My brake lite came on during the trip down here and I suspect it is due to the brake fluid being low.

Now I can't find the brake fluid reservore other than there is a small bottle with screw on lid close to the radiator and it just says to put in the proper fluid. I really can't be sure if it is brake fluid or power steering fluid.

------------------
Gordon B
1987 Barth 32' SE
454 P-30 Chassis
1998 Harley Electra Glide in Tow

Posts: 30 | Location: Havasu Lake Calif USA | Member Since: 04-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On my '84 Regal, that would be the brake fluid canister.

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made a guess and filled to the level it needed the small canaster by the radiator, I flooowed the laine from it down to the Brake Master Cylinder so I guess it was the right one.

Now where is the Power steering fluid fill at?

They must of built the coach around the engine.

quote:
Originally posted by gordonb:
My brake lite came on during the trip down here and I suspect it is due to the brake fluid being low.

Now I can't find the brake fluid reservore other than there is a small bottle with screw on lid close to the radiator and it just says to put in the proper fluid. I really can't be sure if it is brake fluid or power steering fluid.

------------------
Gordon B
1987 Barth 32' SE
454 P-30 Chassis
1998 Harley Electra Glide in Tow

Posts: 30 | Location: Havasu Lake Calif USA | Member Since: 04-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, it must be nice to have a newer Barth on my 1976 I have to get in behind the front left tire up near the floorboard with a flash lite to see the brake fluid level, but my power steering fill is out in front of the radiator.

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth.

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Gordon, my 84 P30 is just like Ralph's.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have had a 71 24 ft Limited for 3 years to get to the brake master cylinder is easy just raise the front hatch it is right there but i just got a 77 27 ft this week and i had one heck of a time even finding the brake master cylinder it is the the same as ralph's as far as i can tell you have to remove left front tire then remove this big steel plate to even check the brake fluid and i think i am going to have to replace it don't even like the thought of it. the 71 has dual vacuum boosters and the 77 with longer wheelbase has a hydra-boost system.

KEITH WHITE
RETIRED U.S.ARMY
71 24L P-30 350+
and 77 P-30 454

Posts: 27 | Location: KILLEEN TX | Member Since: 02-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post